Small diorama vs miss dior promenade

Mong

Mar 22, 2010
Hello everyone!

I am new to Dior and saw a lot of threads comparing the lady dior and the diorama but not the miss dior promenade and the diorama. It seems to me that the small diorama and the promenade are of similar size.
Do they fit the same amount of stuff?
Which one do you prefer and why?

TIA!

They look very similar in size (Promenade 21 x 13.5cm, small Diorama 21.5 x 13 cm). I don't have the Diorama, but here are some of the reasons I bought the Promenade instead:
  1. Pricing. The Promenade is significantly less than the Diorama. When I was looking at an exotic lizard skin in both those bags, the Promenade was only around $2k USD whereas the Diorama version was around double that price. Even my SA told me the Promenade was a better value. I ended up going with a lambskin, but still.
  2. Versatility. The Promenade has a detachable strap and so it can be handheld like a clutch. You can tuck the long strap into the Diorama but you will still see a bit of the chain and the pontet hardware on top.
  3. Aesthetics. I really like the classic cannage quilting on the Lady Dior and Promenade and how dressy they look. The new Archi cannage I prefer in small doses and on SLGs instead and is definitely more "casual" than the quilted cannage. For instance, if your style is more athleisure and casual, the Diorama probably suits it better.
  4. Originality. When I first saw the Diorama, I couldn't (and still can't) get over how similar it was to the Chanel Boy bag. Another TPFer did a wonderful comparison of those two bags, actually: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dior-chanel-comparison-pics.936373/

Hello everyone!

I am new to Dior and saw a lot of threads comparing the lady dior and the diorama but not the miss dior promenade and the diorama. It seems to me that the small diorama and the promenade are of similar size.
Do they fit the same amount of stuff?
Which one do you prefer and why?

TIA!
The Miss Dior Promenade is considered a small leather good, more like a large wallet on chain. That's why their pricing is quite different, with the Promenade being significantly cheaper.

I personally prefer the Diorama handbag because I like the sliding chain, and the Diorama comes in grained calfskin (which is more durable) while the Miss Dior does not.

Reactions: Luv iz Louis
I personally prefer the diorama because it has a modern edge in comparison and yet retains Dior's classiness...
I think you should try the bags on then you would know..whichever bag makes your heart sing [emoji7]

I also prefer the Diorama as it is more modern and edgy to me and I think it is going to be a classic. I also do not like the way the clips are on the Promenade chain - they just seem a little fragile to me and I wish they would redesign them. I agree with the comment though, the Promenade really is a wallet on chain (like the Chanel Woc) so a Small Leather Good, but the small Diorama is actually a handbag (like Chanel mini), but I believe the Small Diorama holds more than a Chanel mini.
I dont think that you could honestly use the Small Diorama as a clutch to be honest - so it really depends if you are looking for something that convert to a clutch or not.
I think one day I may add a Promendade to my collection too, but just not sure when, but it will be to use the same way you would the Chanel WOC.
Not sure you could fit sunglasses in a Promenade though? You can in the Small Diorama if in a soft case with plenty of room to spare.
It will boil down to what you want if for in the end............what you want it to be.........

Actually the small diorama fits more than the Square mini but similar to rectangle mini..but it's so much cuter!
I thought I was a Chanel girl but Dior makes my heart sing more now [emoji178]

Yes I should have clarified the Small Diorama is similar to Chanel Rectangle mini.
I thought I was a Chanel Girl too, but I am on the Dior Rowboat all the way (to and from Ban Island) - prefer Dior hands down !!

The Miss Dior Promenade is considered a small leather good, more like a large wallet on chain. That's why their pricing is quite different, with the Promenade being significantly cheaper.

I personally prefer the Diorama handbag because I like the sliding chain, and the Diorama comes in grained calfskin (which is more durable) while the Miss Dior does not.
I would really like to buy the Miss Dior Promenade... is it discontinued? Because I cannot find it on their website :sad:(

I am going to paris in july.. hopefully they will still have them in the boutiques when i go. the dioraddict wallet on chain is quite similar but smaller in size.

They only have 2 colours left in my nearest boutique of the miss Dior clutch. I believe they have now stopped production of those bags.

They have a rose/light pink & a gold sequin miss dior