Small dent on my new patent leather: is this normal?

ellah012

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
Hi fellow PF!

As I've shared earlier this week, I got a new Chanel quilted black patent woc. However, since day 1, I've noticed that there's a small indent on one of the little squares.. Upon closer look, it was caused by the zipper of the flap... Is this normal? I tried looking everywhere online, but there's no mention of it anywhere else~~

Any comments would help! Thanks!

Ella

ellah012

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
It is unfortunately normal. My patent and lamb wocs have a dent from the zipper... SIGH but its okay, no one can see it when its closed.
Thanks for replying ^^ I figured it'd happened sooner or later, but I just wanted someone to confirm it for me. Thanks a bunch =)

weffendy

O.G.
Feb 19, 2006
Bay Area
Yes it is normal, if you're not using it, i'd suggest wrapping the zipper with some paper to prevent it from further denting the bag.

Sugar Cane

Nov 20, 2012
When i first unpacked my woc there was a big tissue panel covering the whole side where the zipper is. Now i know they do it to prevent the dent but it wouldn't worry me as it will happen sooner or later!

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
Australia
When i first unpacked my woc there was a big tissue panel covering the whole side where the zipper is. Now i know they do it to prevent the dent but it wouldn't worry me as it will happen sooner or later!
Agreed - tis just one of those things - and you cannot see it when closed.
Enjoy the lovely WOC !!

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
Jan 16, 2011
Take a blow dryer to it on medium heat, it may soften that part a bit and allow it to "puff out." Make sure you monitor it though so it doesn't overheat or burn