Small cracks where the sealing is... Anyone had this happen to their bags?

Mar 13, 2006
Hi everyone!

I bought a used Kelly bag and :heart: her! The size is perfect and the color is gorgeous! Well, I just noticed these smalls cracks on the sides of the inside of the flap (where the black sealing is). Has anyone ever had this problem? Is it going to get worse? Can it be fixed if I brought it to Hermes?

Your help is appreciated! :yes:

On the day I bought one of my bags - new from the store - my SA and I spotted a little cracking in the sealed bit along the edge of the leather, similar to yours. I don't know whether the cause of the cracking is the same, but their craftsman took care of it while I waited. Took no more than 15-20 min to fix. Hopefully it will be the same for yours. Your kelly looks great otherwise - what a great color!

My Kelly is not even two months old and it is doing that, too!

Don't feel bad that it might have happened because you bought it used... mine was new from H in December and is doing the same thing!!

I don't know why that would happen. It is on the inside. It gets no abuse whatsoever. :confused1:

Thank you everyone! This is good to know! I was a little worried that this was not normal (even though the seller assured me that it was fine). I guess I'll ask H to fix it when I bring my Kelly in for a spa treatment whenever she needs one!

On the day I bought one of my bags - new from the store - my SA and I spotted a little cracking in the sealed bit along the edge of the leather, similar to yours. I don't know whether the cause of the cracking is the same, but their craftsman took care of it while I waited. Took no more than 15-20 min to fix. Hopefully it will be the same for yours. Your kelly looks great otherwise - what a great color!

Thank you! I :heart: the color, too! Surprisingly, it's very neutral!

The craftsman just needs to trim the edges a bit to smoothen it out, and then paint it over. I've seen this done before. The handles of my shoulder birkin got fused together due to my oversight in placing the handles against each other, and when I separated the handles, the resin broke away.

Just take your bag into Hermes. You don't have to wait until you think it needs other treatment as well.
When I took my Birkin in to monogrammed;they touched up my corners and they looked brand new. I was not charged for either service.
Happy Valentines Day!