Small City vs. Mini City Metallic Edge. Which one should I keep?

KeharaO

Sep 11, 2016
Dear all BB lovers...,

hello...I really need your kindest advice and vote please.

I already owned a Mini city in Bleu Nuit (edge) because I really love how suitable it is to my 5'1'' figure and also loooove how the metallic edges look on that size.
But the size's soon becoming an issue to me. It can only fit few items, so I always bring another bag and leave it in my car whenever I go (just in case I need more space to put things)
Then there's small city. I was interested to read the reviews about how roomy the bag is, compared to mini city. But downside for me is : a longer strap :sad:
But I still ordered the small city, same color "Bleu Nuit" bcause I just loooove the color so much! Also in metallice edge.
The small city then arrived. yes as I suspected before, bigger space I LOVE IT! no need to bring another bag along.... but yes, also a longer strap :sad:

I have to let go one of these and only keep one. I love how the mini city looks on me, the strap just falls right, But I hate how small it is.
And for the small city, yes it more roomy I can put more stuffs inside, but...the STRAP :sad:((( ugghh...
and I dunno if this is just me or anybody else feels the same too. I feel the metallice edge looks more glamour in mini city compared to the small city one. Probably it's just me...

I also attached two pics while wearing these two so u could see how the small city falls longer than (unless I put it in a cross-body way). Which one looks better on me?

THE MINI CITY on me..

The SMALL CITY on me...

I'm so confused which one should I let go, or any body has suggestions regarding the long strap in Small City?
Thank you sooo much will look forward to hear from all you guys soon :smile:

Last edited:

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
The small is actually really nice! I don't think it's too long. The mini is cute but you've already stated that it's not fitting everything you need.

Dec 18, 2008
Australia
I also love the small city on you, my vote would go to keeping this size. Plus it will fit all your items and you won't have to take an extra bag when you go out, which I imagine would get quite annoying,

Gringach

May 3, 2015
Switzerland
In your case I would go for the small City.
I am just 5.2 and received this bag yesterday but am sending it back because I think it's too small! I love the Velo and that's a big one..
So to go even smaller for a bag that you think using daily might be just too small..

Kendie26

Sep 7, 2014
Dear all BB lovers...,

I already owned a Mini city in Bleu Nuit (edge) because I really love how suitable it is to my 5'1'' figure and also loooove how the metallic edges look on that size.
But the size's soon becoming an issue to me. It can only fit few items, so I always bring another bag and leave it in my car whenever I go (just in case I need more space to put things)
Then there's small city. I was interested to read the reviews about how roomy the bag is, compared to mini city. But downside for me is : a longer strap :sad:
But I still ordered the small city, same color "Bleu Nuit" bcause I just loooove the color so much! Also in metallice edge.
The small city then arrived. yes as I suspected before, bigger space I LOVE IT! no need to bring another bag along.... but yes, also a longer strap :sad:

I have to let go one of these and only keep one. I love how the mini city looks on me, the strap just falls right, But I hate how small it is.
And for the small city, yes it more roomy I can put more stuffs inside, but...the STRAP :sad:((( ugghh...
and I dunno if this is just me or anybody else feels the same too. I feel the metallice edge looks more glamour in mini city compared to the small city one. Probably it's just me...

I also attached two pics while wearing these two so u could see how the small city falls longer than (unless I put it in a cross-body way). Which one looks better on me?

THE MINI CITY on me..

The SMALL CITY on me...

I'm so confused which one should I let go, or any body has suggestions regarding the long strap in Small City?
I think they both look great on you, but I totally get the strap dilemna!! It sounds like the small city might be your better option for what you carry so maybe you can look for a new/different strap that has a length you like better. I've seen several other Bal gals try different straps (even different bag brands) & they look good. I think 1 site is called Mautto for lots of variations of straps. Good luck!!!

Dextersmom

Dec 5, 2015
I think the small City looks really nice on you. :heart:

Dear all BB lovers...,

THE MINI CITY on me..

The SMALL CITY on me...

MonAmie

O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I'd say keep the Small one!

When I first saw it in store I actually thought the Small was the Mini. They looked bigger in pictures :smile:

goldfish19

need.more.bags
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
For metallic edge, i would vote for the mini city. I'm an inch shorter than you and I love the strap on the mini and I like that its small so I can only bring a few things and then bag can't get too heavy. But I'd like a bigger one and am planning on getting a small city (regular hardware not the metallic edge). I'm just waiting for the perfect color. Hope this helps!

Miss World

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Norge
Dear all BB lovers...,

THE MINI CITY on me..

The SMALL CITY on me...

Firstly, I think both the Mini and Small look great on you. I am the same height as you and i had the same problem. I love how cute the Mini looks, but it is a Mini bag. It carries basics like phone, cards a bit of make up. I hate having to carry an extra bag when my things don't fit. I think the small is a fantastic size. It is small and compact but is so roomy. I tried all my stuff in it and there was still plenty of room in it. I think it is great for work too or if you have kids and need a cross body bag with a little extra room. The strap is a bit too long on me for the Small size. If i buy that i will definitely be getting the strap adjusted to make the bag sit higher on me. I hate it hanging low. I don't own either but i am looking into getting the small in Metallic Edge. Just have to find the right color. Good luck!