Small Cambon Tote - Question for the owners

Jun 14, 2008
Hello,
I have two questions about the small (medium?) Cambon Tote, not the mini one, the one that is about 8 inches long at the bottom.

1. Do both shoulder straps stay on your shoulders? Or, does the outer strap tend to fall off? I noticed that if the shoulder straps are light-weight, then the outer one tends to fall off, so I was wondering if the Cambon tote has the same problem... I guess this might depend on one's shoulder build, but if anybody could share her experience with me, I would very much appreciate it!

2. Is it possible to get things in and out while the bag is still on the shoulder? Just for a reference, I am about 5.5 ft (167cm) tall, and small to medium build.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
1.The straps stay on my shoulder so maybe it does depend on shoulder build. I also carry it hand held and on the crook of my arm depending

2. Just about.

The whole bag is fairly light weight, larger inside than it may seem and quite strong so I find it really useful but I stll wouldn't over fill it with heavy items because I would worry about stretching the handles.

Jun 14, 2008
Thank you very much, papertiger, I always very much appreciate your posts!!!

I am glad you made the point about stretching the handles. I have never thought about it that way. I guess that also, if the bag contains heavy items, then because the straps are not flat but round, the straps could hurt your shoulders...

Mmm... I want a small Cambon now... :smile:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
:blush:

Actually I find the handles very comfortable - certainly more than my chains and I can wear the bag with my CC jackets (although I love my chain bags too).

I am always amazed by how many compliments I get with this bag as I just 'sling it on' even with casual outfits. I find it a little more elegant than my PST and have even worn it as a day>eve.

I was told recently that these bags are becoming more popular again :shrugs:

Enjoy;)

rainbowfizz

Feb 26, 2009
is it true that they stopped making small cambons? i know someone who has it still and selling it. do i buy it because itll not be in production anymore?

Jun 14, 2008
papertiger,
I didn't know this model is becoming more popular again! Reading the forum, it sounds like Cambon line is a "Love or Hate" kind of stuff, and many people feel unattractive to it because of the large number of fake Cambons out there. Maybe what made it more popular again is that, since the first "Cambon fever" is over, teenagers stopped carrying fake Cambons, and now people who didn't like Cambons initially because of fakes started feeling comfortable carrying them??

rainbowfizz,
Chanel website still shows the small (medium?) Cambon, so I *think* they still make it. However, they might have stopped making it in certain color combination, like pink and black. Hopefully somebody who knows more can answer your question more accurately...

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
papertiger,
I didn't know this model is becoming more popular again! Reading the forum, it sounds like Cambon line is a "Love or Hate" kind of stuff, and many people feel unattractive to it because of the large number of fake Cambons out there. Maybe what made it more popular again is that, since the first "Cambon fever" is over, teenagers stopped carrying fake Cambons, and now people who didn't like Cambons initially because of fakes started feeling comfortable carrying them??

rainbowfizz,
Chanel website still shows the small (medium?) Cambon, so I *think* they still make it. However, they might have stopped making it in certain color combination, like pink and black. Hopefully somebody who knows more can answer your question more accurately...
ITA with you mika7777777 I think that might be why.

rainbowfizz: I think mika's right, black on black is still available(?) I think that's a great colour way.