Chnale small boy bag or classic mini square

I love both, but if you could only keep one, I’d say the mini as I personally think its more versatile and you’d possibly get more use out of it. Although I’d like to add, I’m in my 40’s and love my boy bag, rock what you love at any age, IMO age shouldn’t be a factor. ;)

I bought my first Chanel bag last year - a small boy bag in black caviar leather (RHW). It is a beautiful bag and it is my first Chanel bag so it holds some sentimental value. I thought I would get a lot of use out of it as a crossbody bag. Fast forward a few months, and my SA asked me if I was interested in the rectangular mini in black (LGHW) and I leaped at the chance as it is one of my dream bags!

I can’t erase the feeling that both these bags are very similar in size, colour, and pattern (quilting), and the fact that they are both mini crossbody bags. If I had gotten the medium boy, I wouldn’t have this dilemma but here we are. I love that the boy is caviar, but the mini is a more “classic” look that I prefer. It is in lambskin, which is not ideal.

Two different styles and two different leathers! I think you can keep both. You said the rectangular mini was a dream bag so I would definitely keep that one. I think with time you will find that you either use both or you gravitate towards one only. Only then would I consider selling the least used. Its okay to have two small black bags in your collection!

Two different styles and two different leathers! I think you can keep both. You said the rectangular mini was a dream bag so I would definitely keep that one. I think with time you will find that you either use both or you gravitate towards one only. Only then would I consider selling the least used. Its okay to have two small black bags in your collection!
I find that I gravitate toward the mini a lot more because it looks better as a crossbody bag. So the mini is a clear winner in terms of cost per wear so far. Thank you for your comment!

Small Boy bag doesn’t have inner zipper pocket while mini does. When I take mini out, I don’t need card holder or any wallets cuz that zipper pocket is secure enough for me to hold some cash and couple of cards. That’s alone saves some space in the mini classic. I do however like the structure of boy though!

Small Boy bag doesn’t have inner zipper pocket while mini does. When I take mini out, I don’t need card holder or any wallets cuz that zipper pocket is secure enough for me to hold some cash and couple of cards. That’s alone saves some space in the mini classic. I do however like the structure of boy though!
Ooh the inner pocket is something I haven’t really thought about. I just toss my super compact card wallet lol But it’s nice to know there’s that option!