Small Box or Small Trotteur?

dreamlet

Find Beauty in the Ordinary
O.G.
Oct 22, 2010
I'm reconsidering the small box bag. When I went to try it on a few days ago I also tried the small trotteur, which I quite like. The box is more classic, but I like the slim profile of the trotteur.
If you have either of these bags, what do you love about it? What do you wish were different? Would you buy the same bag again or would you prefer something else? Thanks everybody!!

I'm reconsidering the small box bag. When I went to try it on a few days ago I also tried the small trotteur, which I quite like. The box is more classic, but I like the slim profile of the trotteur.
If you have either of these bags, what do you love about it? What do you wish were different? Would you buy the same bag again or would you prefer something else? Thanks everybody!!
I have the small Trotteur in black. It only fits very little. It's lovely but still a bit small for my needs. I would get the Small box it's very classic and fits more in and the box bag is very minimalist chic.

I have the small Trotteur in black. It only fits very little. It's lovely but still a bit small for my needs. I would get the Small box it's very classic and fits more in and the box bag is very minimalist chic.
Can you give an example of what you can fit into it? Like: phone, small wallet, keys...anything else?

I have both the small trotteur and classic box bag. They are pretty small bags and I can fit about the same in both. I carry a small wallet, my iphone 6s (the box will not fit a iphone plus, not sure about the trotteur. The trotteur MIGHT be deep enough), eye drops, chapstick, and keys and maybe a small portable battery depending on how you pack the bag. I tend to gravitate towards my trotteur more though because I feel the style is more casual, I have to worry less about the straps, and I have it in grained calfskin- so i don't worry too much about scratches). The classic box strap has sharper clasps that sometimes dig into my shoulder and may snag my sweater/blouse. I am more careful when i wear the classic because of the box leather and my clothes. Even though I wear the trotteur more, I agree with @missworld that the classic box is more minimalistic chic and I think it can be worn in more occasions than the trotteur. It could easily convert from a day to night bag. I bought the small classic box first and then went back for the trotteur. I would still purchase the classic box first if I were to go back in time :P They are both beautiful bags and great choices to add to any collection.
I guess it depends how you want to use the bag and how often. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: dreamlet
I would go for the small trotteur. I absolutely love the box bag, but only in medium. In my opinion the proportions of the small one are off. For daily wear I prefer the compact trotteur, but if you don't want to carry much with you, the small trotteur is fine.