Small book tote or 30 Montaigne

I ended up worth the book tote as I couldn’t pass on the floral print. I think it will be a fun addition for spring/summer. I also do not have many totes compared to a number of smaller crossbody bags. I’ll plan for the Montaigne another time.

Happy carrying!

Me too! Picked it up today but want to record an unboxing with better time and lighting. Here are photos of the packaging and of the bag that the SA that she sent me while virtually shopping lol. I went with a 2 Mitzahs because this is truly my biggest purchase from Dior and want to protect the fabric handles. Will also get an organizer. Thanks for letting me share.
634249268.jpg20210206_192459.jpg

Me too! Picked it up today but want to record an unboxing with better time and lighting. Here are photos of the packaging and of the bag that the SA that she sent me while virtually shopping lol. I went with a 2 Mitzahs because this is truly my biggest purchase from Dior and want to protect the fabric handles. Will also get an organizer. Thanks for letting me share.
View attachment 4982131View attachment 4982130
Twinning! You got he holiday packaging how lovely!

I ended up worth the book tote as I couldn’t pass on the floral print. I think it will be a fun addition for spring/summer. I also do not have many totes compared to a number of smaller crossbody bags. I’ll plan for the Montaigne another time.

Happy carrying!
Let me know if you think it’s heavy. I always like the prints on the book totes but am afraid they are heavy as some reviewers mentioned.

They're both gorgeous, but if you can only pick one, I'd recommend the 30 montaigne. The leather version of the 30 montaigne is way easier to take care of than the canvas book tote, and I have one in a similar blush color family and it is so easy to match with everything!

I have a book tote and a 30 montaigne and I reach for my 30 montaigne wayyyy more, and I think it'll stand the test of time. Even if 30 montaignes aren't "popular" anymore, it's a timeless design - just a beautifully made leather bag with some hardware in a classic shape. I actually ordered a 2nd 30 montaigne before the price increase :smile:

The book tote is a work of art too, so ultimately you should get what is calling to you the most! good luck!

Hii! May I know in which leather do you have your 30 Montaignes? I just got one in box calfskin and only found out after how fragile and scratch prone it is. I’m terrified of bringing her out now! How has yours worn over time?

Thanks in advance!

I have the 30 Montaigne and I vouch for it :loveeyes: it’s really versatile because you can wear it as a crossbody bag, shoulder bag, and even as clutch.
The only con for me is I’m always afraid of scratching the box calf leather since it’s very smooth, so I baby it a lot. But if you don’t want to baby your bag, the 30 Montaigne in grained leather is also a great option.

I truly adore the style of the 30 Montaigne but I’m terrified of using mine because of how easily it scratchessss. I was trying it on today at home and snagged the strap with my nail. Noooooo

How well has yours held up?

Hii! May I know in which leather do you have your 30 Montaignes? I just got one in box calfskin and only found out after how fragile and scratch prone it is. I’m terrified of bringing her out now! How has yours worn over time?

Thanks in advance!

Hi - I have the shiny crinkled lambskin from 2019. I did pre-order another 30 montaigne in box calf but have no idea how it will wear. From what I've read, box calf is delicate in that it is prone to scratches, but it is sturdy in helping a bag retain its shape, and supposedly ages well by developing a patina with frequent use. I personally like the look of box calf more than grained leather enough to be OK with either babying the bag or just living with the scratches. If you want to understand more about box calf, it might be good to check out the hermes and celine forums since both those brands have had popular bags in box calf.

FWIW, I also saw in the dior forum a post about the bobby bag, and someone who had the bobby in box calf said it wasn't all that delicate.

Reactions: PryncessT
Hi - I have the shiny crinkled lambskin from 2019. I did pre-order another 30 montaigne in box calf but have no idea how it will wear. From what I've read, box calf is delicate in that it is prone to scratches, but it is sturdy in helping a bag retain its shape, and supposedly ages well by developing a patina with frequent use. I personally like the look of box calf more than grained leather enough to be OK with either babying the bag or just living with the scratches. If you want to understand more about box calf, it might be good to check out the hermes and celine forums since both those brands have had popular bags in box calf.

FWIW, I also saw in the dior forum a post about the bobby bag, and someone who had the bobby in box calf said it wasn't all that delicate.

So comforting. I’ve seen two Instagram posts citing this bag as their worst purchase of 2020 and I freaked out a little. But I truly love the look and style of the bag and am just going to have to accept that it will not stay perfect forever.

I’ll go check out what the Hermès and Celine forumers have to say about caring for the box calf :smile: thanks a lot!