Small Bayswater Satchel

K-Mac

O.G.
Nov 4, 2009
Can someone who has the small bayswater satchel tell me their thoughts on it?

I keep looking at them and think its a practical choice for an everyday work bag.

I have had a play with the bayswater before but I just feel that it's a bit too big for me so this might be the solution!

I carry my regular alexa every day and thought the SBS looked pretty similar in size?

The black one is my first choice but I would love one in pink or slate blue- have they ever been produced in these colours?

Also are they ever in the outlets?

Thanks in advance for any responses :smile:

They're in the sale at Wheelers! Black and choc! Have a look on the Outlets thread for details - they post out.

I have a pheasant green heritage sbs but find the extra straps fiddly. The normal sbs would be easier, I think! I love the suede lining in them - they feel so luxurious! I also have two Alexas and would say that they hold about the same, but my heritage sbs expands, where I'm not sure whether the usual ones do, which may make a difference.

Hope this helps you a bit! Have a look on the Reference threads to compare the two, as well.

I have the Nightshade Heritage sbs and I don't use it very much now as I prefer my Alexas.

I don't think it holds as much as the Alexa but almost!!

It is a very smart bag and is quite light to carry :biggrin:

I haven't got one, but agree that the normal bays are a bit big for me, I have seen the SbS on a fellow commuter and these look ideal to switch use between handles or longer strap. I haven't seen too many around other than e usual black and oak.

I really do like these, someone on here has a lovely bright pink one, not usually a colour bag person, but this really appealed to me.

Good luck choosing.

2nd post down, lovely collection

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/post-pics-of-your-mulberry-family-259364-299.html

Last edited:
I absolutely love my black SBS. It's probably my most robust, most used everyday bag.

I use it for work / shopping and find it holds loads but also looks smart.

100% this

I am really not into black bags but this is so useful and roomy but no big or bulky like a regular Baysand pprice at Wheelers is excellent

100% this

I am really not into black bags but this is so useful and roomy but no big or bulky like a regular Baysand pprice at Wheelers is excellent
I had a red onion one, but sold her as I've got the ro bays - loved every minute of using her. Then bought an oak, which again was awesome, but slightly light ( worrying ) as an across the body bag, so h ave now found a pre-loved black one. Wise addition to any collection IMO. Classy as is the bayswater but more versatile. Great evening bag too, minus the strap.
I used to think the two upright handles looked odd- but now realise that she's one unique satchel. Well worth a whirl :loveeyes:

I have a Red Onion SBS which is one of my 'best' bags. Love it to pieces because of the amount of stuff you can fit into it (loads - it takes all my everyday stuff plus my Olympus Pen camera which none of my other similar-sized bags can manage)

There's only one thing to watch out for, and that's the handles. It seems to be a matter of opinion whether the handles should be encouraged to stay upright or flop down. I want mine to stay up (I've got it into my head that the patent leather might crack at the fold if the handles flop - and this is something of an obsession! I don't think it's a problem for the non-patent bags though.

That's just my weird observation about SBSs and is probably irrelevant to everyone else...

Like Beaver, I used to think that the two upright handles looked odd and even odder with them down, so I'd ruled out the SBS completely....until of course I had the opportunity to get my hands on some cookie ones! It's a great smart-looking satchel and the leather on any I've seen always looks great.

I'm a handles-up person, to the point that when my sbs's are stored away, I tape a strip of plain paper around the handles to make sure they don't flop down whilst stored away...obsessive, I know. Bf just sighed and rolled his eyes when he'd asked me what I was doing :lolots:

i love my small bays, she's a cutie! I got an oak one from the york outlet a few months back, £556 i think? not used her much with this disastrous weather but love her! let us know if you decide to buy :smile: x

The SBS is my first Mulberry and I have not regretted choosing this one as my first. It's very practical and versatile. It can be used during the day with the strap that I use across body or on my shoulder, at night I remove the strap and carry it handheld for a smarter look. It fits a lot more than I thought it would. I can even fit my Ipad in it and a bunch of other stuff (purse, glasses, umbrella, little makeup bag, Iphone).

I've seen some SBS mentioned in the outlet stock thread, so maybe you can keep an eye out for that.

I would love one in oak, but maybe it's a bit crazy to buy the same bag again in a differen colour, might opt for a lily next :biggrin:

I just posted in the outlet thread! I got the oak sbs yesterday at bicester for £486 sub! There were 2 chocolates and one black left! Very minor flaws!

I love this bag! So versatile! The big bayswater looks funny on me but sbs is perfect! Go for it!

The SBS is my first Mulberry and I have not regretted choosing this one as my first. It's very practical and versatile. It can be used during the day with the strap that I use across body or on my shoulder, at night I remove the strap and carry it handheld for a smarter look. It fits a lot more than I thought it would. I can even fit my Ipad in it and a bunch of other stuff (purse, glasses, umbrella, little makeup bag, Iphone).

I've seen some SBS mentioned in the outlet stock thread, so maybe you can keep an eye out for that.

I would love one in oak, but maybe it's a bit crazy to buy the same bag again in a differen colour, might opt for a lily next :biggrin:

Lol - not crazy at at all. You should see some of the collections on here! To quote CP, if it's nice, buy it twice! ;) .....or thrice...or four times, five times, etc!