Small bayswater satchel or Small Bayswater double zip tote???

lady-dior

Aug 23, 2016
I've been looking at both of these bags and am not sure which to get and was after some advice. I have a large Bayswater and its just so heavy, but I do love it, so wanted to downsize. I think the small ones are cute. I'm not a fan of the new Bayswater shape and prefer these two.

Does anyone know if the original Bayswater is being discontinued? If so will they make any more colours or are the ones on the website now the end of the line so to speak?

So, which do you guys prefer and what are the pros and cons?

What are the interiors like in both of these bags?

I was worried as the tote is an open bag and things could get wet if it rained or someone could put their hand in your bag maybe?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

image.jpeg
I've been looking at both of these bags and am not sure which to get and was after some advice. I have a large Bayswater and its just so heavy, but I do love it, so wanted to downsize. I think the small ones are cute. I'm not a fan of the new Bayswater shape and prefer these two.

Does anyone know if the original Bayswater is being discontinued? If so will they make any more colours or are the ones on the website now the end of the line so to speak?

So, which do you guys prefer and what are the pros and cons?

What are the interiors like in both of these bags?

I was worried as the tote is an open bag and things could get wet if it rained or someone could put their hand in your bag maybe?
S
Any advice welcome.
Thanks
Hallo Lady Dior, I have both bags and I love them both! IMO they are very different, apart from the size. I have the SBS in black NVT leather and the double zip tote in black small classic grain.

I use the SBS more often, the shoulder strap is remarkably longer and wider, so for me as a tall person it is more comfortable to carry also crossbody. The shoulder strap of the double zip tote is thinner and much shorter, Too short for me to carry it crossbody. I have the impression that I can carry a bit more in the SBS, the bottom is more broad, and you can vary the inside straps. The black SBS has the natural suede leather inside.

The double zip tote looks more formal and classy, more elegant, the SBS more casual. The small classic grain leather is also very nice and not so delicate in rain. The bag has feet at the bottom, so I am not so afraid to put the bag on the floor. The magnetic strap to close the main open compartment works very well. I am not afraid that someone could grab easily inside. But I put the valuable items in the two zipped compartments or the compartment with the turnlock. I use the open main compartment for example for my cosmetic bag, an umbrella or other not so valuable things. Inside the main compartment is no other zip or slip pocket. I do not have the impression that it could rain inside, it rains a lot where I live, but I don't walk in a downpour without umbrella. I like the double zip tote as a very nice day-to-evening bag, is is huge enough for your daily essentials and elegant enough for a good restaurant or the theatre after work. The inside has a microfibre lining. The double zip tote looks more slim by the side.

You can't go wrong with either bag! Hope this helps, good choice!:wave:

View attachment 3562728
Hallo Lady Dior, I have both bags and I love them both! IMO they are very different, apart from the size. I have the SBS in black NVT leather and the double zip tote in black small classic grain.

I use the SBS more often, the shoulder strap is remarkably longer and wider, so for me as a tall person it is more comfortable to carry also crossbody. The shoulder strap of the double zip tote is thinner and much shorter, Too short for me to carry it crossbody. I have the impression that I can carry a bit more in the SBS, the bottom is more broad, and you can vary the inside straps. The black SBS has the natural suede leather inside.

The double zip tote looks more formal and classy, more elegant, the SBS more casual. The small classic grain leather is also very nice and not so delicate in rain. The bag has feet at the bottom, so I am not so afraid to put the bag on the floor. The magnetic strap to close the main open compartment works very well. I am not afraid that someone could grab easily inside. But I put the valuable items in the two zipped compartments or the compartment with the turnlock. I use the open main compartment for example for my cosmetic bag, an umbrella or other not so valuable things. Inside the main compartment is no other zip or slip pocket. I do not have the impression that it could rain inside, it rains a lot where I live, but I don't walk in a downpour without umbrella. I like the double zip tote as a very nice day-to-evening bag, is is huge enough for your daily essentials and elegant enough for a good restaurant or the theatre after work. The inside has a microfibre lining. The double zip tote looks more slim by the side.

You can't go wrong with either bag! Hope this helps, good choice!:wave:

Thank you so much for your reply and photos, appreciate it. They both look lovely and I do really like them both. How heavy are they? Does the small Bayswater satchel have feet? There is a SBS in the sale in scarlet...am tempted.

Do u know if the SBS will be discontinued now the new shape is out?

I have the SBS in oxblood and the small DZ tote in taupe.

The DZ tote is my go-to bag for work in the better weather months, as it looks very smart. I use pouches to organise my stuff in the middle section, and layer a small scarf over them as well as doing up the popper fastening for security. Valuables like purse and phone go in the zipped sections. You can even just fit an iPad mini or similar.

I love my SBS as I found one with beautifully smooth leather for Veg Tanned - but I am considering moving it on as I'm not using it. May well regret it if I do though, as I'm unlikely to find it again in similar leather... tough decision! It's a great bag but slightly less accessible, and I find it less professional looking for work. I think the reason I don't use it at home is that I have bags like the Alexa (regular and clutch) and a Balenciaga Town that protrude less and feel more practical to carry (for me).

You probably can't go wrong either way...

I am very interested in the new small zipped Bays - want it in midnight with silver tone hardware - hoping this appears!

Thank you so much for your reply and photos, appreciate it. They both look lovely and I do really like them both. How heavy are they? Does the small Bayswater satchel have feet? There is a SBS in the sale in scarlet...am tempted.

Do u know if the SBS will be discontinued now the new shape is out?
The SBS does not have feet. I don't think it will be discontinued, it is still on the regular website and a successful classic. But sometimes this doesn't mean much...

I don't know the weight of the bags, both are not heavy. I have got the impression that the double zip tote is a bit lighter.

I would go for the DZ if it were between the DZ and the satchel,

personally I would go for the zipped bays, they are truly gorgeous!, I tried them on today at one of the stores in London and almost bought one lol ... almost!!

Lady Dior, I also have both bags, the small Bayswater and two DZ's. The double zips are absolutely tops in my opinion. They are lined with a very nice quality and heavy fabric which has worn beautifully. My small Bays is not the zipped one and I have said several times I believe I like the zipped small better. The other ladies have made some excellent and I agree with their opinions so good luck with your choice but I would chose the DZ's.