Small Bags

louiseg123

Apr 19, 2008
What do you think about small bags at the moment?
I just bought a small (ish) bag off EBay which is about 26 x 16cm.
I know big bags are in, but would it be a complete fashion no-no to go out with a small bag?
X

I have a great smallish (12inches x 10inches) Dolce and Gabbana satchel. It's pebbled leather and has really started to softn in the few months that I've had it. I love to carry it when I can't be bothered carrying loads of things. But sometimes I miss the thick crime novel that seems to be habitually in my bigger bags. So I have to keep asking myself, 'Do you really need a thick crime novel in your bag every time you leave the house?

Attachments

• Dolce bag.jpg
    Dolce bag.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 81
I have a great smallish (12inches x 10inches) Dolce and Gabbana satchel. It's pebbled leather and has really started to softn in the few months that I've had it. I love to carry it when I can't be bothered carrying loads of things. But sometimes I miss the thick crime novel that seems to be habitually in my bigger bags. So I have to keep asking myself, 'Do you really need a thick crime novel in your bag every time you leave the house?

Love this bag! :heart:

Small bags are perfect with the right outfit and the right occasion. I couldn't use one for an everyday bag, though. I have to much stuff to carry.

The only thing I'd keep in mind with smaller bags assuming it isn't for evening is the proportion to your body. I don't think small bags are a don't, however, if you're larger, they can look a bit odd imho.
I'm not a big girl but I am pretty tall and there are some bags that I just think look out of proportion with my height. So IMHO, I would go more by how it looks on you vs. the actual size!

Yeah, I agree. Pretty much anything goes. I could never do it because I carry around too much crap - like a child's security blanket!

I WISH I could carry a small one because some of them are ADORABLE!

As for the in proportion to your body thing, I am sure it matters, but I am so freaking short and skinny that I can't really adhere to it. I am sure my big bags look terribly out of proportion on me, but oh well! My only concern is loading them down so much I can't physically carry them! LOL!

I love small bags for the evenings. The smallest bag I have is a Jalda clutch. I also use a small messenger bag for the amusement park (and those type of things). I think if it suits you and you like it, why not?

My problem is trying not to stuff them. I like bigger bags for day and try to get in a lot in the smaller bags and don't use half of the things anyway! ;)

I'm quite small and it's such a struggle finding small bags. I don't mind bags that are deep but must they be so wide? When a bag is more than 15" across, it just feels like luggage to me. Everybody loves a bag that's functional but a bag's too wide, it's just not elegant. So rock your small bag!

When I was in my twenties I used to manage perfectly well with small bags that weren't much bigger than wristlets. And I preferred them. I find it quite amusing that nowadays I seem to have unleashed a 'need' for security-blanket amounts of stuff to carry in my bag. I'm sure there's something Freudian here. I never had that need years ago! Minimalism is what I aimed for back then.

I mean I need a multipurpose bag that is 'dressy' since I cant carry all my bags :sad:

It is just that side of the world, ppl tend to be more dressier which is the complete opposite in Aussie where I tend to be more casual!

I'm quite small and it's such a struggle finding small bags. I don't mind bags that are deep but must they be so wide? When a bag is more than 15" across, it just feels like luggage to me. Everybody loves a bag that's functional but a bag's too wide, it's just not elegant. So rock your small bag!

I'm short, and I totally agree about the big bags feeling like luggage. They're just not comfortable for me for everyday use, so I prefer small bags. Sometimes I will love the shape of a bag, or think that the leather is gorgeous, but if it's too big, I have to pass it up.