Small antigona in oxblood - and a dilemma...

youyesyou

Jan 19, 2013
Hi all,

I ordered a small atigona in oxblood (goatskin) via SSENSE and had it delivered today. I absolutely love the colour and style of the bag but unfortunately there appears to be a defect in the logo. There is a rectangular indentation beneath the logo and the word "Givenchy" doesn't sit flush with the bag. It looks almost as though someone was pressing really hard when they stuck the logo onto the bag, thus creating that rectangular impression on the flap. I'm wondering if this is an anomaly or if any of you have experienced this with any of your antigonas as well?

I've just dispatched an email to the SSENSE customer service but thought it might be useful to post on here and see if anyone has faced similar issues before... Thanks!

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0990 (1).JPG

IMG_0986 (1).JPG

Reactions: Venessa84
Hiya! Isn't the colour gorgeous? :smile:

The defect (I think) is that, in the bag I received, the word "Givenchy" seems a bit sunken into the leather - there's a slight depression where the logo is. You may be right - perhaps something was sitting on top of it that caused it to press down that way.

I paid US$1844 (it was on discount) but there was no mention of the defect on site - and not obvious from the stock pic (although now that I look very closely, it does seem there is a slight indentation in the stock pic too! Although if you don't go looking for it, it just looks like a trick of the light and not a defect)

162278F046014_1.jpg

Hiya! Isn't the colour gorgeous? :smile:

The defect (I think) is that, in the bag I received, the word "Givenchy" seems a bit sunken into the leather - there's a slight depression where the logo is. You may be right - perhaps something was sitting on top of it that caused it to press down that way.

I paid US$1844 (it was on discount) but there was no mention of the defect on site - and not obvious from the stock pic (although now that I look very closely, it does seem there is a slight indentation in the stock pic too! Although if you don't go looking for it, it just looks like a trick of the light and not a defect)

View attachment 3563968
Maybe ask on main Antigona chat thread? There's a lot of Ant owners there. There may be some previous experience.

As I recently also purchased a small oxblood antigona, I would agree that this issue is NOT normal. My Givenchy stamp is flush as it should be and not inset/depressed as yours is.

I would suggest returning it as it doesn't appear to be something that could be repaired to proper condition. Also, I got mine on sale for $919 USD (about half of what you paid) and mine was in perfect condition. So, please don't use your reduced price as a rationalization for accepting this defective item.

It's a great bag....but I don't think you should settle for the condition of this item.

It's a gorgeous bag. I'm so sorry about the dilemma. It must be so disappointing and frustrating if you had your heart set on the bag. I have seen the same indentation on some online sites where the indentation is of varying degrees (some just like on your bag) so I don't think it is an isolated incident. Has Ssense replied with anything helpful?

As I recently also purchased a small oxblood antigona, I would agree that this issue is NOT normal. My Givenchy stamp is flush as it should be and not inset/depressed as yours is.

I would suggest returning it as it doesn't appear to be something that could be repaired to proper condition. Also, I got mine on sale for $919 USD (about half of what you paid) and mine was in perfect condition. So, please don't use your reduced price as a rationalization for accepting this defective item.

It's a great bag....but I don't think you should settle for the condition of this item.
what a deal! I purchased my mini at a higher price than yours.
Can you share where you purchased yours? (I'm hoping to get lucky too lol)

what a deal! I purchased my mini at a higher price than yours.
Can you share where you purchased yours? (I'm hoping to get lucky too lol)
I got mine from Bergdorfs during their after xmas sale (50% plus additional 25% off). However, they've since gone back to just 50% off, and there's not much left that anyone seems to want (i.e. the same sale bags have been languishing there since the sale started).

Just a defect. Ssense has more than 1 in stock so that's the reason it's not visible or disclosed on their site. They have amazing customer service so I'm sure you'll just be able to send it right back.

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice!

In addition to the defective logo, I also found out that there were some scratches on the zip of the bag.

I ended up returning the bag and wanted to update on my negative returns experience with SSENSE, in case anyone plans to order from them in future. (I've redacted the names of the customer service officers so as not to embarrass them, which is not my intention)

On 3 Jan, I emailed customer service with pictures of my defective Antigona, as well as pictures of other (non-defective) Antigonas in the same colour and size, for comparison purposes.

On 3 Jan, customer service officer C____ replied, claiming that there was no defect and "the style of the purse is meant to be this way" (her words). No remedy was offered for the defect - i.e. She didn't offer to exchange it for another item or offer a full refund.

I replied on 4 Jan with an email asking for a full refund including my initial shipping fees.

There was no reply within 24h so I sent a chaser email. There was still no reply within 48h so I sent another chaser. (Note the website says their customer service operates 24h from mon-fri but this doesn't appear to be true).

Approximately 2 days later, on 6 Jan, customer service officer A___ replied, saying that they would arrange for a full refund including my initial shipping fees. They also sent me a pre-paid shipping label to return my item.

However, his instructions to me on the returns process turned out to be incorrect. He initially told me that I SHOULD drop off the parcel at my local post office, and not use other couriers.

However, the pre-paid label they sent me appeared to be a UPS label.

I replied to clarify whether I should use the local post office or UPS, as these are two entirely different organisations.

A___ then corrected his earlier email, saying that I should NOT drop the parcel off at the local post office, but instead drop it off at a UPS outlet.

After the UPS guy picked up the package, I emailed A___ on 7 Jan and asked him to let me know when the package arrived (UPS was unable to issue a receipt or acknowledgement, and I just wanted to ensure that the item had arrived safely).

7 days later and no news whether my parcel was received by SSENSE.

I emailed them again on 14 Jan and another customer service officer, R___, informed me that the refund had been processed a few days ago (but I was not informed of the same until I asked).

I checked my credit card statement and found an incomplete refund. They had only refunded the cost of the item and not the initial shipping fees as promised by A___.

I therefore emailed A___ again and pointed out that I hadn't received the full refund. Finally on 16 Jan, he said he had arranged to provide a refund of my initial shipping charges. (I've not received this yet but I imagine it takes a few days anyway)

Whew! That was a long recap. It was an exhausting and frustrating few weeks dealing with them and after this experience, I will not be ordering from SSENSE again.