Tech Slydial

talexs

I Love It!!!!!
Jun 29, 2008
always in the office :(
I did a search for this and didn't find anything so I am hoping you guys can possibly help me out with this. I never turn my phone off (only when I am flying) so it won't really ever go straight to vm but lately I will have my phone sitting on my desk and it will alert me that I have a new vm. I think this is kind of weird bc I don't know who the person is who is leaving me these messages and I do not think they are Verizon so it's not like they could just shoot me a vm. Is someone "slydialing" me? I googled this a bit and it said that if someone does slydial you it still shows up on your phone as a missed call, but I have no missed calls just new messages. TIA!

Charles

Sucks at budgeting
O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Jacksonville, Fl
Perhaps you were in a low signal area and when the person called, the signal cut out for a sec, sending them to VM??
I'd try to see if there's a pattern. Does it only seem to happen in one location? Check your signal strength each time you get the VM msg. Does it ever happen to friends of yours or just people you don't know? Is there a reason someone would be trying to "SlyDial" you?

talexs

I Love It!!!!!
Jun 29, 2008
^^Thanks for your response! It tends to happen when I'm in the office, but I have a tendency to spend a decent amount of time there and this never happened before. I am hoping this is just a fluke and will clear itself up, my phone seems to have a solid signal all the time so I really don't know. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with--as far as who (if anyone) would slydial me--is that I let three people go late last week and the calls started a day or so later, but I don't want to jump to any crazy conclusions. Oh well, thanks for responding to this.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
are the messages always from the same person? or are they the type of messages that are essentially someone just hanging up so you have no idea who called or what they wanted?

talexs

I Love It!!!!!
Jun 29, 2008
^^Both, but when they do say something I can barely make out what the person is saying and it doesn't appear to make much sense. Someone in our IT dept said that he read that if you are being slydialed the number only comes up if you have at&t as your carrier, so I guess I am out of luck and need to let it go.