slouchy/swift kelly 35 on petite person

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
i've got my eye on a kelly in my most wanted color and i've been wanting a kelly for years (don't live near a store so tricky to get one from there). the only problem is i'd like the 28 or 32 size. i only carry 25 cm birkins and 26 cm lindy. does anyone have a slouchy kelly 35 and are petite that can share modeling pics? i'm thinking the slouchiness might be less overwhelming on me... or maybe that's me trying to justify it lol:P

Here is the pic of slouchy K35 taken from upcloseandstylish's insta. Is this the look you going for? It's looks really chic but if big bags are not for you..even if it's your dream color...don't do it. Patience and persistence pays off. You will find the right size and color if you keep looking.

Attachments

• upcloseandstylish.jpg
    upcloseandstylish.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 829
Reactions: nicole0612
I have two 35s - a Kelly Flat (which is in Swift and therefore slouchy) and a chèvre retourne. I'm 5'2" and petite. I don't find them too big at all, or disproportionate to my height.

I agree with purselover and rami, don't buy it unless you are 100% sure the size is correct for you. Why don't you go to a store just to try the sizes on? And while you are there, also ask for the different leathers, maybe there are other slouchy type of leathers you will love more and are easier to take care of.

I always wanted a size 30 B as my next bag, because I thought the 35 would be too big. Anyway, when the SA asked me why I don't want the 35 because the chance of finding a 35 instead of 30 for me, will be bigger. So she let me try one on and the size looks perfect for me as well. A bag in a photo looks different in each photo, even when someone is the same size and height as you are, it looks different on each person, we are not all build the same way.

I think larger bags can look amazing on petite ladies! That being said, for me, a 35 just gets too heavy. I can not go bigger than a 32cm. Perhaps if I lifted weights more often...:smile:

I agree with purselover and rami, don't buy it unless you are 100% sure the size is correct for you. Why don't you go to a store just to try the sizes on? And while you are there, also ask for the different leathers, maybe there are other slouchy type of leathers you will love more and are easier to take care of.

I always wanted a size 30 B as my next bag, because I thought the 35 would be too big. Anyway, when the SA asked me why I don't want the 35 because the chance of finding a 35 instead of 30 for me, will be bigger. So she let me try one on and the size looks perfect for me as well. A bag in a photo looks different in each photo, even when someone is the same size and height as you are, it looks different on each person, we are not all build the same way.
unfortunately my nearest store is 6+ hours away:shucks:

Here is the pic of slouchy K35 taken from upcloseandstylish's insta. Is this the look you going for? It's looks really chic but if big bags are not for you..even if it's your dream color...don't do it. Patience and persistence pays off. You will find the right size and color if you keep looking.
+2, and UCAS is not petite (slim, yes). I agree I would not pull that trigger if I could not try the bag on (and I cannot wear a K35 of any kind - they just don't work on me).

+2, and UCAS is not petite (slim, yes). I agree I would not pull that trigger if I could not try the bag on (and I cannot wear a K35 of any kind - they just don't work on me).

+3
I agree with the others saying you have to be sure about the size.
I am petite too, and love my 35B. So no worries about the size 'per se'. However, I believe that a K is a completely different bag than the B, and that the 35K does not look like a 35B. That being said, the 35K looks huge on me because I am petite, whereas the 35B is totally appropriate and elegant.
hth

A

I agree with Rami and QF. Personally, I couldn't pull off a 35, it looks too big on me. I have a slouchy 32 and that even feels too heavy at times. Like QF said, Up Close is not short and is always wearing high, high heels. She has photos of her 28 Kelly (and I believe also a 25, but not sure), and I actually think the smaller one is better on her. Don't settle.

+3
I agree with the others saying you have to be sure about the size.
I am petite too, and love my 35B. So no worries about the size 'per se'. However, I believe that a K is a completely different bag than the B, and that the 35K does not look like a 35B. That being said, the 35K looks huge on me because I am petite, whereas the 35B is totally appropriate and elegant.
hth

A

See, that's interesting. I love my 35 Kellys and don't think they are too big, but I am out of love with my 35 Birkin and would only go for 30s in the future. It's a boxier bag and just looks bigger to me.