Slouchy or stiff? (LOL - a clean question i promise)

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
So, am i the only one - when i get a beautiful leather (stiff) purse i.e. a city willis...i find myself longing for a slouchy soft leather or a fabric purse thats less rigid?

but I KNOW when i have a slouchy purse, i will be wanting a purse thats less of a black hole....

its a vicious circle...i love my 2 new willis'...but i am now eyeballing the isabelle - thinking i may not have thought my purchases through....or at least...i may not be done!!! my husband wants me to be done!!! LOL

Last edited:
Honestly I think Isabelle can be the best of both....it's sure soft and has an awesome slouch, which I love....but you could put an organizer inside and give it structure too . Get the Isabelle it's a gorgeous purse :smile:

Oh I know! I don't mind a little structure, but if the leather is too rigid and uniform it reminds me of vinyl. I returned a BT Willis because the leather looked and felt like flat and even PVC.

Honestly I think Isabelle can be the best of both....it's sure soft and has an awesome slouch, which I love....but you could put an organizer inside and give it structure too . Get the Isabelle it's a gorgeous purse :smile:
thanks! i got to admit, the isabelle wasn't anything too special (imo) from the catalog pics...but now that i see you gals in your mod shots - i love the slouch and the look of it IRL. i swear, i think the stand alone catalog pics don't do ANYTHING for most purses. they need to be worn - to see. And i really like it now.... Sigh...husband is not going to be happy..he he

Oh I know! I don't mind a little structure, but if the leather is too rigid and uniform it reminds me of vinyl. I returned a BT Willis because the leather looked and felt like flat and even PVC.

i was afraid i wasn't going to like the leather on the black city willis, someone told me its waxed leather? i really like the leather tho...i really like the purse...i just think i may dress too casual (most days) and its not a good 'day off' purse...but its def my work purse. i just will never be satisfied. i'm annoying myself. : /

How about the Rory? The bottom has structure but it can look slouchy too. I wouldn't suggest a black Rory though. It is definetely a black hole with it's black lining. I'm not sure what color the other Rory's are lined with. Alot of men don't get the bag thing with us. Some do; alot don't.

thanks ladies, i will def have to do research, cuz if i get 1 more - it WILL be the last or he will leave me. LOL. i have seen the mini tanner and there is something VERY appealing about it. I love that its like a fancy mini tote...but i do long for a slouch and i am attracted to the rory too. can't we all just get 1 of each...and be done???

I like both, but I find myself purchasing way more slouchy bags than structured ones. I love my leather Isabelle that I just got earlier this month. She is buttery soft and slouchy, but I use a Purse To Go organizer to give her a little more structure and help me keep up with all my stuff inside her. It's the best of both worlds for me that way.

This! I put my divide and conquer in and out of mine depending if I want slouch or not

I have always been a slouchy girl... Just bought Isabelle and love her... But I have also been leaning towards satchel's lately as well and that is totally new for me... I have not seen the leather Isabelle's in person and I am looking for a black bag so a trip to the mall may be needed :smile:

I'm torn between slouchy and stiff bags. If its leather I want it broken in just enough to slouch but not totally lose its shape. Does that make sense? I guess it would be a semi slouch. Lol. Lately I've been wishing my LV Speedy wouldn't slouch so much but the canvas doesn't act like leather. I have to figure out a way to get the perfect medium with that bag. What to do? Lol.

I prefer slouchy bags so my Isabelle is perfect for me. The saffiano is pretty, but just not me I think. The "stiffest" bag I own is my Molly, but she's not very stiff really. Just more structured than my other bags.

Hi. New member here! (Long time lurker though!)

I totally get the slouchy/stiff conundrum. I'm always going back and forth. ;)

But has anyone see the new fold-over Isabels IRL? (Only available in black so far according to the website.)

They could be a solution. I really would like to see one of these.