Slouchy or stiff? (LOL - a clean question i promise)

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
So, am i the only one - when i get a beautiful leather (stiff) purse i.e. a city willis...i find myself longing for a slouchy soft leather or a fabric purse thats less rigid?

but I KNOW when i have a slouchy purse, i will be wanting a purse thats less of a black hole....

its a vicious circle...i love my 2 new willis'...but i am now eyeballing the isabelle - thinking i may not have thought my purchases through....or at least...i may not be done!!! my husband wants me to be done!!! LOL

Last edited:

Britexmom

Britexmom
Jul 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Honestly I think Isabelle can be the best of both....it's sure soft and has an awesome slouch, which I love....but you could put an organizer inside and give it structure too . Get the Isabelle it's a gorgeous purse :smile:

Mar 1, 2007
Rocky Mountain High
Oh I know! I don't mind a little structure, but if the leather is too rigid and uniform it reminds me of vinyl. I returned a BT Willis because the leather looked and felt like flat and even PVC.

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
Honestly I think Isabelle can be the best of both....it's sure soft and has an awesome slouch, which I love....but you could put an organizer inside and give it structure too . Get the Isabelle it's a gorgeous purse :smile:
thanks! i got to admit, the isabelle wasn't anything too special (imo) from the catalog pics...but now that i see you gals in your mod shots - i love the slouch and the look of it IRL. i swear, i think the stand alone catalog pics don't do ANYTHING for most purses. they need to be worn - to see. And i really like it now.... Sigh...husband is not going to be happy..he he

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
Oh I know! I don't mind a little structure, but if the leather is too rigid and uniform it reminds me of vinyl. I returned a BT Willis because the leather looked and felt like flat and even PVC.

i was afraid i wasn't going to like the leather on the black city willis, someone told me its waxed leather? i really like the leather tho...i really like the purse...i just think i may dress too casual (most days) and its not a good 'day off' purse...but its def my work purse. i just will never be satisfied. i'm annoying myself. : /

jailnurse93

~Heisenberg~
Sep 10, 2012
308 Negra Arroyo Lane
How about the Rory? The bottom has structure but it can look slouchy too. I wouldn't suggest a black Rory though. It is definetely a black hole with it's black lining. I'm not sure what color the other Rory's are lined with. Alot of men don't get the bag thing with us. Some do; alot don't.

September24

Je m'aime
Dec 26, 2008
here
I like both, it just depends on the purse. I have the Archival duffle which is slouchy and the mini tanner which stands tall. Depends onw the mood I guess! :lol:

bwalwayswins

Aug 5, 2012
thanks ladies, i will def have to do research, cuz if i get 1 more - it WILL be the last or he will leave me. LOL. i have seen the mini tanner and there is something VERY appealing about it. I love that its like a fancy mini tote...but i do long for a slouch and i am attracted to the rory too. can't we all just get 1 of each...and be done???

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I like both, but I find myself purchasing way more slouchy bags than structured ones. I love my leather Isabelle that I just got earlier this month. She is buttery soft and slouchy, but I use a Purse To Go organizer to give her a little more structure and help me keep up with all my stuff inside her. It's the best of both worlds for me that way.

paula3boys

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
my house
This! I put my divide and conquer in and out of mine depending if I want slouch or not

Meganallise

Feb 24, 2013
I have always been a slouchy girl... Just bought Isabelle and love her... But I have also been leaning towards satchel's lately as well and that is totally new for me... I have not seen the leather Isabelle's in person and I am looking for a black bag so a trip to the mall may be needed :smile:

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
Near Chicago
I'm torn between slouchy and stiff bags. If its leather I want it broken in just enough to slouch but not totally lose its shape. Does that make sense? I guess it would be a semi slouch. Lol. Lately I've been wishing my LV Speedy wouldn't slouch so much but the canvas doesn't act like leather. I have to figure out a way to get the perfect medium with that bag. What to do? Lol.

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
I prefer slouchy bags so my Isabelle is perfect for me. The saffiano is pretty, but just not me I think. The "stiffest" bag I own is my Molly, but she's not very stiff really. Just more structured than my other bags.

Topper999

Feb 25, 2013
Southern Ontario
Hi. New member here! (Long time lurker though!)

I totally get the slouchy/stiff conundrum. I'm always going back and forth. ;)

But has anyone see the new fold-over Isabels IRL? (Only available in black so far according to the website.)

They could be a solution. I really would like to see one of these.

pmburk

O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
I like both depending on the bag, but I definitely lean more toward a stiff & structured bag rather than a slouchy one!