Slouchy New Togo?

Jan 31, 2007
Picked up my B30 Togo Gold w/ GHW today along with some twillies that I ordered a while ago. I haven’t been this excited for a long time! I’m glad that the leather doesn’t have that veiny look. Although it is a little slouchy out of the box, as soon as I put in a Maitai insert it looks in much better shape.

Since this is my first store bought Birkin, I’m wondering if it’s normal to have a Togo Birkin to look slouchy fresh out of the box? Also the box wasn’t shrink wrapped when it was brought to me. I don’t recall seeing a shrink wrapped box when I got my Kelly either. Is it common for a K/B box to be without a shrink wrap? Thank you.

2C129CDF-6AF3-4098-A22F-61557757B6AB.jpeg

282B5D91-4757-4B77-A7C5-488D2E127373.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up my B30 Togo Gold w/ GHW today along with some twillies that I ordered a while ago. I haven’t been this excited for a long time! I’m glad that the leather doesn’t have that veiny look. Although it is a little slouchy out of the box, as soon as I put in a Maitai insert it looks in much better shape.

Since this is my first store bought Birkin, I’m wondering if it’s normal to have a Togo Birkin to look slouchy fresh out of the box? Also the box wasn’t shrink wrapped when it was brought to me. I don’t recall seeing a shrink wrapped box when I got my Kelly either. Is it common for a K/B box to be without a shrink wrap? Thank you.

View attachment 4859117

View attachment 4859118

View attachment 4859119

View attachment 4859120
Your B looks perfect, congrats! I have bought several bags from the boutique and only one was shrink wrapped. I wouldn’t worry about that.
And yes, you bag looks perfectly normal and if you want it a little less slouchy sometimes I add an extra air bag during storage. I noticed some bags come with less than others! Either way, I think yours looks excellent!

View attachment 4859117

View attachment 4859118

View attachment 4859119

View attachment 4859120
Congrats on this classic! Happy that you’re super excited - I would be too if this were gracing my arm.

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and DrTr

View attachment 4859117

View attachment 4859118

View attachment 4859119

View attachment 4859120
Love it! Looks great on you :heart:

View attachment 4859117

View attachment 4859118

View attachment 4859119

View attachment 4859120
Wonderful, classic and classy bag- I'm so happy you are that excited- you SHOULD be!!

Congrats on this classic! Happy that you’re super excited - I would be too if this were gracing my arm.

Thank you. I‘ve bought quite A LOT the past few weeks and some were a lot more expensive than this, but somehow this purchase excites me the most. Maybe if was because my patience was tested for way too long and the amount I had to spend on other purchases to get this offer is ridiculous. So I consider this as a breakthrough purchase for me? Hoping future offers will come much faster.

Last edited:
Your beautiful B looks normal to me. Here's mine same specs as yours, was shrink wrapped - also has a bit of slouch to it, that's just the leather :flowers:

View attachment 4860915

Thank you. I feel that your gold Birkin is much less slouchy than mine. Yours fresh out of the box looks more like mine with a MaiTai insert (4th pic). But I’m happy with the bag anyway and can’t wait to bring it out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RT1
I purchased in January 2020 my Black B30 GHW in Togo and my sister in law got hers in July 2020 also Black B30 SHW in Togo and her bag, is softer and slouchier than mine even though they're both Togo - guess it really depends on the individual skins.. for example I own 3 B30's in Clemence, and none of them are slouchy, even my B in VV and now RE they are sturdier than my sister in laws Black B

• Love
I purchased in January 2020 my Black B30 GHW in Togo and my sister in law got hers in July 2020 also Black B30 SHW in Togo and her bag, is softer and slouchier than mine even though they're both Togo - guess it really depends on the individual skins.. for example I own 3 B30's in Clemence, and none of them are slouchy, even my B in VV and now RE they are sturdier than my sister in laws Black B

Thank you. You are right. Even for the same type of leather there’s always variation. I need to constantly remind myself of that:smile:

• Love
Thank you. This definitely makes me feel much more at ease. Is yours 35 or 30? And do you have an insert in the bag in your second photo? Thanks!
That’s a 35! I do use a MaiTai b30 insert so the insert doesn’t really sit flushed to the bag at all. It’s just my way of not scratching the interior.

• Love