Slouchy kelly?

francelamour

Jan 1, 2012
I really love slouchy bags and I love my slouchy Clemence Birkin.
My next bag will be a Kelly and I wonder how a slouchy Kelly looks like...?
Please share a picture of your slouchy or a least soft Kelly and let me know, which leather it is!:smile:

the Kelly is interesting slouchy but when the top flap looses its true form it can become just a bit too deformed for my taste and so with kellys i tend to care a lot for the top !

The larger the bag and the softer the leather (like Swift for example) the more it will "slouch" ... but I'm with BIRKEL here in that once that top flap starts distorting it just looks way to messy for me.

Thank you very much for your answers so far.
Barenia would have been my first choice but it will not be available.
So Swift or - more textured - Clemence...which will slouch/soften more (32er)?😃

i would go with a 35 or 40 size in a clemence.. i also love the slouch of bigger bags for casual non chalant looks... .. but I do have my straight bodied BBK 32 for work/ dresses my other 32 kelly in gold is also retourne but then the size ( 32) doesn't allow for much slouching.. hence you should go bigger..... good luck!

My Kelly 35 in Clemence is at spa. I wish I could take a few snaps of her empty. A complete puddle. I use a bag insert to give the body a bit more shape.

What I have found is the top flap is heavier than the rest of the bag and the soft floopy clemence sides can't support it - so it tends to droop forward. Almost like a baby that can't hold it's head up yet. KWIM? Also, when it's completely closed with straps, the straps tend to sag downwards a bit instead of holding a straight line across from the turnlock. It used to bother me but now I just see it as the nature of having a very floopy Kelly. It's a different look.

sin vergüenza;26717029 said:
My Kelly 35 in Clemence is at spa. I wish I could take a few snaps of her empty. A complete puddle. I use a bag insert to give the body a bit more shape.

What I have found is the top flap is heavier than the rest of the bag and the soft floopy clemence sides can't support it - so it tends to droop forward. Almost like a baby that can't hold it's head up yet. KWIM? Also, when it's completely closed with straps, the straps tend to sag downwards a bit instead of holding a straight line across from the turnlock. It used to bother me but now I just see it as the nature of having a very floopy Kelly. It's a different look.

I have not thought of my kelly as a "baby who can't hold it's head up", but you have expressed it oh-so-perfectly. I also use a bag insert and closed the straps under the top flap when I use mine. At the moment, my straps still hold a straight line across the turnlock.

Love the sweetie in your avatar:loveeyes:

I'm the owner of the red bag in the thread that antschulina posted. My Kelly 35 is swift and while I love slouchy bags, this is VERY slouchy. If you can live with that and like smooth leather, than swift is the way to go. If you prefer a less slouch, than clemence is a great option. Good Luck!