Slouchy but simple mid-sized crossbody recs?

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
I feel like the damn princess and the pea here. I've been looking for a simple casual black cross body bag for ages now. I really want a Balenciaga mini Pompon with RH but they appear to have been discontinued. I have Givenchy Pandoras in both medium (too big and heavy) and mini (too small).

Current contenders are:

1. Baggu leather drawstring bag, $150ish? -- cute, cheap, but a little too north/south, plus it might look as cheap as it is.

2. Wendy Nichol bullet bag, $850 -- love this, but I hate shelling out that much $ for things sight unseen. Also, this bag has been out for a while, yet I can find hardly any photos of anyone actually wearing it, which is just weird.

Any other recommendations or comments?

Attachments

• baggu.jpg
    baggu.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 355
  • wendy-nichol-bag.jpg
    wendy-nichol-bag.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 303
I feel like the damn princess and the pea here. I've been looking for a simple casual black cross body bag for ages now. I really want a Balenciaga mini Pompon with RH but they appear to have been discontinued. I have Givenchy Pandoras in both medium (too big and heavy) and mini (too small).

Current contenders are:

1. Baggu leather drawstring bag, $150ish? -- cute, cheap, but a little too north/south, plus it might look as cheap as it is.

2. Wendy Nichol bullet bag, $850 -- love this, but I hate shelling out that much $ for things sight unseen. Also, this bag has been out for a while, yet I can find hardly any photos of anyone actually wearing it, which is just weird.

Any other recommendations or comments?
I wonder if the terms you're using are what's keeping you from finding something - the bags you've mentioned and shown are 'drawstring' bags, not crossbody...

I always recommend a medium Pandora for this! My other suggestion might be a PS1? Mine has become more slouchy with use. I have a small & extended the straps so I can wear it crossbody.

I love my new Coach Bleecker duffles with the oval bottoms. The black mini duffle is one of the easiest bags to use and the black leather is soft.

I don't think I would wear the bigger one crossbody though. I prefer it as a shoulder bag.

I actually think that style is hard to wear Crossbody. I always find them too bulky, and the shape seems to weigh them down causing pulling on my shoulders. I guess the weight isn't distributed well in a bucket/drawstring?

The straps on your second choice are super thin. I think they would be very uncomfortable.

I recently got a Longchamps drawstring. The leather is very nice. It's like this one but not orange! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/longchamp-au-sultan-drawstring-bag/3419293 I got mine at the Longchamps outlet in Woodbury Commons. They had black, navy blue, and some other color.

Coach made some great drawstrings. I have two of the pebbled Legacy drawstrings from last year. There are several vintage/classic styles they don't make anymore you can find on ebay.