Slouchy but simple mid-sized crossbody recs?

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
I feel like the damn princess and the pea here. I've been looking for a simple casual black cross body bag for ages now. I really want a Balenciaga mini Pompon with RH but they appear to have been discontinued. I have Givenchy Pandoras in both medium (too big and heavy) and mini (too small).

Current contenders are:

1. Baggu leather drawstring bag, $150ish? -- cute, cheap, but a little too north/south, plus it might look as cheap as it is.

2. Wendy Nichol bullet bag, $850 -- love this, but I hate shelling out that much $ for things sight unseen. Also, this bag has been out for a while, yet I can find hardly any photos of anyone actually wearing it, which is just weird.

Any other recommendations or comments?

Attachments

indiaink

When your own initials are enough.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I feel like the damn princess and the pea here. I've been looking for a simple casual black cross body bag for ages now. I really want a Balenciaga mini Pompon with RH but they appear to have been discontinued. I have Givenchy Pandoras in both medium (too big and heavy) and mini (too small).

Current contenders are:

1. Baggu leather drawstring bag, $150ish? -- cute, cheap, but a little too north/south, plus it might look as cheap as it is.

2. Wendy Nichol bullet bag, $850 -- love this, but I hate shelling out that much $ for things sight unseen. Also, this bag has been out for a while, yet I can find hardly any photos of anyone actually wearing it, which is just weird.

Any other recommendations or comments?
I wonder if the terms you're using are what's keeping you from finding something - the bags you've mentioned and shown are 'drawstring' bags, not crossbody...

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
I wonder if the terms you're using are what's keeping you from finding something - the bags you've mentioned and shown are 'drawstring' bags, not crossbody...

Yeah, but you can have a drawstring crossbody! Drawstring is just the way it closes.

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
I always recommend a medium Pandora for this! My other suggestion might be a PS1? Mine has become more slouchy with use. I have a small & extended the straps so I can wear it crossbody.

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I love my new Coach Bleecker duffles with the oval bottoms. The black mini duffle is one of the easiest bags to use and the black leather is soft.

I don't think I would wear the bigger one crossbody though. I prefer it as a shoulder bag.

Missaggie

Mar 5, 2013
I actually think that style is hard to wear Crossbody. I always find them too bulky, and the shape seems to weigh them down causing pulling on my shoulders. I guess the weight isn't distributed well in a bucket/drawstring?

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
The straps on your second choice are super thin. I think they would be very uncomfortable.

I recently got a Longchamps drawstring. The leather is very nice. It's like this one but not orange! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/longchamp-au-sultan-drawstring-bag/3419293 I got mine at the Longchamps outlet in Woodbury Commons. They had black, navy blue, and some other color.

Coach made some great drawstrings. I have two of the pebbled Legacy drawstrings from last year. There are several vintage/classic styles they don't make anymore you can find on ebay.