Sloppy Joe's What is it???

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
O.G.
Aug 27, 2011
Ok I dont know what it is but i think its a very oversized jumper for women right.... if I recall correctly.... you wear it on one shoulder and you can pull the sleeves over your hands...

Well i was wondering if guys could wear sloppy joes as well.... For me, I'm only gonna wear it at home, but we often entertain people and i hate wearing something really nice at home, so im thinking of getting a stylish looking sloppy joe to wear around the house with maybe like a skinny/tight fitting sweat pant with maybe a pair of prada loafers....

I dont know if this look would work out, so im asking you stylish ladies first with you opinions.... before i get tonnes and end up not wearing them... ;)

TIA

ps. i have just discovered tPF has these sub forums, not only about LV, but also clothing!!!! this is great... now i can ask for clothing advice as well as bag advice... :biggrin:

I think this was a style, like from the 60's or something. Like a big baggy sweater worn with tight jeans? Think Brigette Bardot relaxing at home, lol.
I think it would be fine for around the house if you are quite slim (on a man or woman) and make it look deliberate.

ok..... i got a pic with a guy and girl wearing one.... they are something like this:

56a8dedf6a4a2296837e517aba2ac8b8_2.jpg

and by googling sloppy joe apparentely they are some sort of food as well.... got no idea what that is but i got the pic of a sloppy joe as a jumper... LOL

:confused1: They look like oversized, ill-fitting sweatshirts. Honestly, I think you can do better for casual, at-home, comfortable looks than something that obscures your hands and slips off your shoulder.

Sloppy Joe is an Australian term we used to use in the 80's. We always used it for tracksuit tops (without the zip) like the one in the photo - but I've never seen them worn off the shoulder, they sit like the one that the guy is wearing. I'd say they've just put it on the girl like that to make it look sexier than a tracksuit top.

i will maybe wear this when i go to bed during winter.... maybe i should just dress normally, ie in an alexander mcqueen v neck sweater then.... a lot more stylish with some cuffed chinos with prada loafers....

ok..... i got a pic with a guy and girl wearing one.... they are something like this:

56a8dedf6a4a2296837e517aba2ac8b8_2.jpg

and by googling sloppy joe apparentely they are some sort of food as well.... got no idea what that is but i got the pic of a sloppy joe as a jumper... LOL

These are just pictures of oversized sweatshirts, so I'm still confused?

A 'Sloppy Joe' was a late-1950's term for a style of sweater/jumper (not particularly a track suit top) that was deliberatly oversized, it was worn with Capri pants/trousers, termed 'peddle-pushers' (short) or 'drain-pipes' ('cigarette' for the bourgeois :sunnies:) (long) 'shades' and 'ballerina' flats or 'winkle-pickers'. :cool:

It was cool cos Americans thought they were being European and Europeans thought they were being International.

It has had revivals every decade especially in the late-1980s/early 1990s when the look also was extended to cardigans.

All-black is the way to go for devil-may-care and the one-shoulder look is an optional extra wich involves a deep-V, slashed or boat-neck :devil:

Totally 'hip', 'swinging', and 'cool' for 'cats', 'beats' and 'rads' man and perfect for a little 'home entertaining' :graucho: just don't 'sweat it' cos that's just for 'squares' ;)

Ok, now that I know what we're talking about :lol:

They make some luxe ones for women that are still very haphazard looking but still sort of sexy and comfy. For men, you may have to find a luxe sweatshirt w/ a cashmere blend or something and alter it a bit to get the look you want. Often the neck is cut wider so one shoulder slips off.