Slippery Handles? Possible Remedy...

Crazy4Handbags

Broccoli, yum!
O.G.
May 1, 2008
Belenistas,

I am falling for my Dark Grey Matte SM more each day. However, I've been experiencing some slippery straps. Here's something I'm trying: I wrapped a small portion of one handle in suede lacing. It's quite effective! Let me know what you think.

3274780452_8b09b547ca.jpg
3274809538_cbcd5d9bbc.jpg

That's a very ingenious solution!:idea:

Based on your idea, it suddenly struck me that maybe Jackie could give you a long thin strip of dark grey leather (or even a bright contrasting piece!) that could be used the same way - a strip the same as what the BE tassles use, except longer? You could even customise your bag using different colours! :nuts:
(OK, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away, but still .....!!)

That's a great idea, Jenova. Would I use glue or tape to attach them?

I could imagine attaching the rough counterparts on my shirts. A big velcro sound when taking my bag down! I am just kidding, of course!

A cure that may not attract you is to apply a few squares of the soft furry side of adhesive Velcro to the inside of your straps.

That is a nice idea. There are self adhesive ones that are in craft/hobby stores. The glue would probably come off w/ a baby wipe too and not damage the bag if you ever wanted to sell it/remove the velcro.

Hello from me! This is great feedback, thanks so much. I am going to show this to our team and see what they think for the future!

Meanwhile I dont think leather strips would work well, but you could get something in grey from a fabric/ribbon store. They usually sell rounded strips that look a bit like shoelaces.

Best wishes,

Jackie