Slingback sizing help

I'm also thinking of getting beige/pink or the classic beige/black for my wedding.
Let me know you thoughts on this pair.. TIA
View attachment 3619852

These are gorgeous! It depends on what style you prefer, and I believe your wedding is a day to feel comfortable and pretty in whatever you are wearing - classic, romantic or simple style, what matters is that you enjoy that day with the person you love :smile:

I finally found a pair of mid-heel sling backs in my size at 36.5 in store today. It's black leather on black tie cap. I tried on the shoes and found that my heel ends nicely at the back end of the shoe. However I am not sure if it's because it was the end of the day or whether the size was in fact too small for me, I found the straps digging into my heels and my left toes felt tight. I had been wearing a pair of flats the whole day.

Does anyone know if these leather straps will stretch and if so how much? My sa mentioned that if the end is a good fit, going up half a size will mean that the straps will be too loose and will fall off.

What are you experience with sizing for sling backs?
Hi there, I've been researching the slingback sizing and found your post. can I ask what your experience has been so far with the slingbacks? I've placed an order on a pair, sz 35 but nervous if the strap will end up being loose on me..I'm a sz 35 in the lambskin espadrilles but overtime the leather does stretch out, so I'm not sure whether I should 've gone 34.5 or stay with 35..

Thanks so much!

Reactions: littleswan
Hi there, I've been researching the slingback sizing and found your post. can I ask what your experience has been so far with the slingbacks? I've placed an order on a pair, sz 35 but nervous if the strap will end up being loose on me..I'm a sz 35 in the lambskin espadrilles but overtime the leather does stretch out, so I'm not sure whether I should 've gone 34.5 or stay with 35..

Thanks so much!

Yikes. I am not sure I am would be of much help. Lambskin espadrilles usually fit differently from the non leather ones (not to mention that the non-leather espadrilles' sizing aren't consistent through different seasons). I take size 37 in the slingback and non-leather espadrilles. The leather softened up at the shoe box and some relaxation to the elastic as well. I think the degree of the stretch of the shoes might also depend on frequency of wear. I didn't think the initial size I tried on would have fitted.

It might be best to try them the sling backs, if you could. Otherwise, make sure you keep the receipt for return.

Reactions: iykyk
Yikes. I am not sure I am would be of much help. Lambskin espadrilles usually fit differently from the non leather ones (not to mention that the non-leather espadrilles' sizing aren't consistent through different seasons). I take size 37 in the slingback and non-leather espadrilles. The leather softened up at the shoe box and some relaxation to the elastic as well. I think the degree of the stretch of the shoes might also depend on frequency of wear. I didn't think the initial size I tried on would have fitted.

It might be best to try them the sling backs, if you could. Otherwise, make sure you keep the receipt for return.
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it! I've ordered the shoes from the SA at Saks and had them shipped to New Zealand from the US, so I don't think return will be an easy option for me (I figured that when making my decision..). So far I haven't seen a lot of sizing reviews here and on the web, and the reviews I've read seem mixed (some said they fit well, some said they run large, and some advice to size up lol). I guess review shoe sizes are only indicative rather than definitive. Anyway I've 'mentally' prepared that if they run a bit large, I can still work with them. Also, I've only owned the lambskin espadrilles...
Thanks again!

Thanks so much!
i have several pair and I took my regular size in Chanel. If the back strap is loose, it is a very easy fix at the shoemaker who can tighten it up for you. I will say that they fit me best with no hose. When I wore them with hose during the winter, the straps would slip a bit, otherwise they are the most comfortable shoes I have.

i have several pair and I took my regular size in Chanel. If the back strap is loose, it is a very easy fix at the shoemaker who can tighten it up for you. I will say that they fit me best with no hose. When I wore them with hose during the winter, the straps would slip a bit, otherwise they are the most comfortable shoes I have.

Good advice on getting it tightened! Im picking them up now so i'll know shortly! Winter is approaching here down and under, but i think i'd much prefer wearing it without hose. Thanks so much!!

I recently bought a pair of slingbacks in 38C (my regular shoe size is 38). I was worried because they hurt my feet during the first time I wore them. On the second time, however, they didn't hurt my feet anymore! I think the back strap stretches a bit, and that the ideal size will depend on the type of feet (if narrow, I advise your normal sizing). I am glad I chose my normal sizing now. Anyway, I agree with gracekelly, the shoemaker can always shorten the strap!

I finally found a pair of mid-heel sling backs in my size at 36.5 in store today. It's black leather on black tie cap. I tried on the shoes and found that my heel ends nicely at the back end of the shoe. However I am not sure if it's because it was the end of the day or whether the size was in fact too small for me, I found the straps digging into my heels and my left toes felt tight. I had been wearing a pair of flats the whole day.

Does anyone know if these leather straps will stretch and if so how much? My sa mentioned that if the end is a good fit, going up half a size will mean that the straps will be too loose and will fall off.

What are you experience with sizing for sling backs?
I bought these shoes twice and they didnt work for me because the toe box was too tight even going a size up!! its sad bc I really love the look and its SOOOOOO CHANEL... wish you luck on finding the perfect fit!!!!

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. Just bought a pair from a previous season and they've probably been tried on more than once. I took my true size (40) for my first pair of slingbacks and the shoe fit is perfect, but the elastic has definitely loosened because it does slip on the back of my heel. I wouldn't have been able to size down. I did try a 40.5 in the classic beige/black combo and those also fit really well, the elastic was newer so I assume it would loosen up (and possibly be too loose) but the length was probably better than the 40 for a little extra give in the toe. The ones I purchased from the previous season was flannel, not leather (which may be the difference in the give).

I am normally a 40 across chanel ballerinas and most brands but bought 40.5 in all my slingbacks because I have extremely wide feet and live in a country with extreme warm weather.

I'm usually a size 36 and my boutique sa recommended a 36 as well as my Barneys sa, but at saks theh recommended I size Down to 35.5 so I really Don't know, one of the sa's had a good point that there shouldn't be as much pressure on the elastic as the heel is not very high, so I don't know myself what's best!