Sling back "clacking"..any tips/tricks to minimize heel movement?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just had some slingbacks delivered for a wedding and I love the shoe b/c they are the only dressy heels I have found so far that are only 2 1/4" tall (I'm 5'10 and my b/fs whole family is under 5'4 except him so Im trying to not tower over everyone!).

The slingback does not slip off when I walk but they create a clacking noise similar to that of flipflops whenever I step (all slingbacks I have ever owned do this). My heel rises out of the shoe every time I pick my feet up and then it clacks down when I step.

Anything I can do to minimize this? I can't think of any possible solutions.

The shoes--> http://www.6pm.com/j-renee-maryanne-black

2. I've seen these adhesive things that you can put in your shoe to keep your foot from sliding around. How about trying those? I think I saw them in Target, you could even try Zappos for that sort of thing too.

3. I hope you have some luck fixing this - it's so annoying with slingbacks, it's the main reason I will not wear slingbacks to work.