Slim quilted cardholder - which leather to choose?

Aimsley

Jul 28, 2015
All the pieces I currently own from Chanel are in caviar. Considering the slim quilted cardholder in either lambskin or patent leather in a pretty vibrant blue (cruise 2016) because it doesn't come in caviar for the specific shade of blue I want. I am very careful with all my lux goods and treat even my caviar as delicately as possible. Scratches do bother me but I hope that being this careful I won't have to worry as much about (permanent) scratches if I get lambskin.

What are your experiences with lambskin or patent leather for the slim quilted card case? Which leather should I get? Which looks better for this style in blue and will be able to remain new looking for longer? Thanks for your input!

Here is the link to the classic card case but I won't be getting this color: http://www.chanel.com/en_CA/fashion/products/small-leather-goods/g/s.card-holder-in-quilted-grained.0V.A31510Y01864C3906.cat.pur.html

I would not do any patent SLGs in any color but black. I know other people have them and the little pop can be so pretty in your bag, but I would be afraid of transfer. As for lambskin normally I worry about it but I had a wallet and a coin purse/card holder that held up pretty great for a long time despite being used every day and being knocked around in my bags.

Reactions: J.T.
i would not do any patent slgs in any color but black. I know other people have them and the little pop can be so pretty in your bag, but i would be afraid of transfer. As for lambskin normally i worry about it but i had a wallet and a coin purse/card holder that held up pretty great for a long time despite being used every day and being knocked around in my bags.

+1

I would not do any patent SLGs in any color but black. I know other people have them and the little pop can be so pretty in your bag, but I would be afraid of transfer. As for lambskin normally I worry about it but I had a wallet and a coin purse/card holder that held up pretty great for a long time despite being used every day and being knocked around in my bags.

+2 Patent is really beautiful but once it is damaged, that's it. This goes for all brands not just Chanel.

I will take a look at the color of the caviar leather blue when it comes out to see if I like it but I know I like the lambskin/patent blue much more. Looks you recommend lambskin over patent. Thank you for your advice!

+2 Patent is really beautiful but once it is damaged, that's it. This goes for all brands not just Chanel.

Would you say lambskin is easily "fixed" if damaged? How has your lambskin held up with use? Thanks!

If it's a minor surface scratch or light stain, you can clean it with a leather cleaner/conditioner and buffing it. I have managed to remove finger nail scratches by just rubbing it. Denim stains can also be removed using a leather cleaner, if it hasn't set yet. Just find a reputable cobbler or leather repair shop if you are unsure of cleaning it yourself. HTH