Slightly underwelmed Cartier tank solo

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have wanted a high end watch for years. I settled for a Michele watch about 5 years ago when I wanted a Rolex because at the time, it was all I could afford.

I absolutely love my Michele but when k saw this watch, I had to have it. Now that it is here, I feel a little underwelmed.

It is a beautiful watch but maybe I feel this way because my current watch is flashy? Is it too plain?

When I took it out of the box, my husband said from a distance, it could pass for a Michael Kors or Kenneth Cole. Of course that didn't help. TIA!IMG_1483485067.353690.jpg

I have wanted a high end watch for years. I settled for a Michele watch about 5 years ago when I wanted a Rolex because at the time, it was all I could afford.

I absolutely love my Michele but when k saw this watch, I had to have it. Now that it is here, I feel a little underwelmed.

It is a beautiful watch but maybe I feel this way because my current watch is flashy? Is it too plain?

When I took it out of the box, my husband said from a distance, it could pass for a Michael Kors or Kenneth Cole. Of course that didn't help. TIA!View attachment 3564343

I actually had the same dilemma a couple weeks ago! I was really interested in the Cartier tank watches and loved the designs online. However, when I went to the store and tried them on alongside a Michele I was similarly underwhelmed by the Cartier tank and felt that almost any of the Michele watches looked better on my wrist. I do think the Cartier is a different look than the Michele you have but I think both are timeless/classic-just different. Do you think your feelings towards the Cartier might have anything to do with the color or lack of diamonds compared to the Michele? Also have you looked at the Michele Deco II as an alternative? It is a slim tank watch similar to the Tank Solo. Best of luck with your decision-I hope you find something you love!

Attachments

• 826-MICHELE-Women-s-Deco-II-Diamond-Dial-Watch-Case-26mm-x-28mm-4.jpg
    826-MICHELE-Women-s-Deco-II-Diamond-Dial-Watch-Case-26mm-x-28mm-4.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 3,901
Thank you!! I think the feelings towards the Cartier are both the simple stainless steel vs the rose gold of my Michele and the lack of diamonds whereas my Michele is very sparkly. I do see myself wearing something like a Cartier tank in 20 years whereas I may not feel the same about the Michele in 20 years. I have had the Michele for 5 years though and love it as much as the day I got it and I wear it daily

I have both the Cartier tank solo and the same Michele Caber watch that you have except mine is silver and yellow gold. I had the Michele longer and wore the Cartier a lot when I first got it. However, I'm now back to wearing the Michele almost everyday. I love the Cartier, but I don't see it as an everyday watch. I will hold onto it though, because I think it's reasonably priced and I do enjoy wearing it for special occasions. It satisfies my "itch" for a high end watch. Also, I'm sure it will hold its value so if I ever realize I'm not wearing it at all anymore I will let it go.

The Cartier Tank is a classic design which has inspired copycats and homages for almost 100 years. Someone comparing it to a Michael Kors clearly knows nothing about watches and it definitely would not pass for one of those to someone who does.

The Tank Solo doesn't have the flinque dial of the pricier models but it has the classic styling, blue hands, and gorgeous blue crown which make it distinctively "Cartier".

Perhaps I'll get flamed for this, but I really don't think Michele watches have the timeless class of a Cartier tank. They make nice watches if you want a certain look in at a specific price point but there is zero comparison to the sophistication of the Cartier. If the watch isn't to your liking it's one thing but I see zero real comparison between the two. It would be Cartier hands-down for me.