Slidegirlcass' Modest Collection

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
I realized I have amassed so many bags since joining TPF just 2 months ago that I should stop creating individual "modeling pics" and reveal threads and just do the collection thread. So, here they are.

First, the entire collection on our dining room table. Please note that the color of the Morgan Oakley Ditch is most accurately represented in the full flash picture in this post.

DSCF1754.jpg

DSCF1755.jpg

This is the Morgan Oakley Ditch in Electric or Cobalt Blue. Every site has it listed as a different color, but MO just calls is "Blue". If you search you can find a thread with modeling pics from last month when I first got this bag.

DSCF1737.jpg

Morgan Oakley Ready in Black - this has become my everyday bag and I love it, but it literally melts when you set it down and is a bit of a bottomless pit.

DSCF1725.jpg

The signature MO bull ring detail is on both sides:

DSCF1727.jpg

Wow, what is that green metallic bag near the blue MO?? It is beautiful!

It's a non-production Kooba Natasha in a green patent. A former friend who worked in luxury brands received it and some other goodies after working with a brand and regifted it to me. I forgot to remove it from the collection pic, there was a nasty fight with some of the Kooba ladies about how I could not possibly own it as they dont have sample sales. I tried explaining it (how its not a "sample" exactly, but rather a mockup for color choices) and it didn't go well - they figured since they have great relationships with the brand they would have been able to get one as well, but no dice. They decided to claim it was a fake, so I no longer display it or talk about it. I do love it though, and I have had to show people the interior lining and zipper to prove it came from Kooba!

Vintage Yves Saint Laurent Tweed Document Envelope:

DSCF1743.jpg

This was an interesting purchase. It is literally large enough for legal documents and is too big to carry as a clutch, too small for my laptop. BF calls it the Mega Clutch. Right now it sits empty, but should come in handy when I go back to school in June.

Just for funsies:

DSCF1748.jpg

Front: Vintage beaded/sequined evening clutch with beaded wrist strap. From the 30's - so cute, but I never carry it because it is SO FRICKING NOISY. Yet again, an eBay find.

Center: A small tote like bag made completely out of industrial grade metal wire and beer caps from a foreign brand called TUSKER. Found at The Mod Hatter in Beach Haven (Long Beach Island), NJ.

Rear: When I moved in with BF almost 4 years ago I wanted to get a dog. He did not, and his mother ALWAYS sides with him. That first Christmas we spent together in NJ she gave me this Sydney Love Best Friends bag as a joke because I wanted to get an English Bulldog and theres one embroidered on the front of the bag. About 2 years later I did get a dog and now I use this to carry his junk when we travel or go to the dog park.