Travel "SLH type"/ boutique type luxury hotel/retreat recommendation for Long Island (NY) and Warren (ME)

• Thread starter the_black_tie_diyer
  • Start date
T

the_black_tie_diyer

Hi!

We're planning our US trip ('21 End of August, all throughout September, to mid October) we will be coming in through NY. Spent a few days in the City, then go to Long Island for another couple of days - after that, start our "road trip".

I don't need recommendations for the City, but would like one for Long Island. SLH itself has exactly one, completely out in the Hamptons. We would prefer something a little bit more in between.

Another Long Island related question, is there anything that sets the (usual) boutiques at "Americana Manhasset" apart from those found in the city? And if not, anything worth doing/visiting there - as my better half would most likely want to go there.

Then I would like a recommendation for Warren, ME. Or surrounding area.

They absolutely need to be or exceed 4/5* standard overall - but in a more "private" experience = not the big names/usual suspects that simply throw everything at you. Location, rooms & breakfast need to be impeccable, but quality over quantity. We prefer rooms with separated bed and living room. We don't need the ballast of 24hrs concierge/ personal assistant and stuff like that. But 24hrs open kitchen would be nice, even if with reduced menu, again quality over quantity. Well stocked bar, library/reading room, fireplace would be preferable as well.

We can absolutely use multiple recommendations, so please don't hold back - as we won't be going after a schedule. We'll be booking only the first few nights in the city, but after that, will make reservations spontaneously on the go - so if one place is closed or or completely blocked - we need alternatives.

I'm really looking forward to your recommendations and thank you very much in advance. I might ask for additional places once we know whom and what places we will visit.

Kind regards,
Oliver