Sleeves - Help!

Hi ladies, and once again, thanks for all of your fabulous help! Your awesome advice has really shaped how this coat is going to turn out, and I'm super-excited for when it will be finished, so that I can show you the end result!

In the end, this is what I've decided to do: I dropped the black cashmere fabric off with my tailor, and she's going to use it to add a cuff to the sleeves - approximately 4 - 5" wide? In the meantime, I'm going to buy a pair of black fur cuffs, likely off of eBay. (Prices there range from $50 - $100.) I will then have my tailor add the fur cuffs on top of the black cashmere cuff. The reason I am doing it this way is so that the fur cuffs are removable for when I need to dry-clean the coat.

My only issue now is selecting a pair of fur cuffs that will be wide enough to cover/hide the cashmere cuff base, but overall, I'm very excited now that I finally know what I want to do with this coat. I think my tailor got annoyed with me because when I found out that the sleeves couldn't be lengthened very much, I was like, "Uh, so what should I do?" She's much happier now that I've given her a direction to work in. :P And of course, none of that would've been possible without the awesome help of the ladies of TPF! You ladies rock so much!

Very cool! Can you make the fur cuffs so that you can take on/off depending upon whether or not you want to wear them? I have a Chanel jacket that has buttons under the collar and loops on the fur collar so that you can wear the chinchilla fur collar or not.

Very cool! Can you make the fur cuffs so that you can take on/off depending upon whether or not you want to wear them? I have a Chanel jacket that has buttons under the collar and loops on the fur collar so that you can wear the chinchilla fur collar or not.

Good idea!!!

Hi ladies, and once again, thanks for all of your fabulous help! Your awesome advice has really shaped how this coat is going to turn out, and I'm super-excited for when it will be finished, so that I can show you the end result!

In the end, this is what I've decided to do: I dropped the black cashmere fabric off with my tailor, and she's going to use it to add a cuff to the sleeves - approximately 4 - 5" wide? In the meantime, I'm going to buy a pair of black fur cuffs, likely off of eBay. (Prices there range from $50 - $100.) I will then have my tailor add the fur cuffs on top of the black cashmere cuff. The reason I am doing it this way is so that the fur cuffs are removable for when I need to dry-clean the coat.

My only issue now is selecting a pair of fur cuffs that will be wide enough to cover/hide the cashmere cuff base, but overall, I'm very excited now that I finally know what I want to do with this coat. I think my tailor got annoyed with me because when I found out that the sleeves couldn't be lengthened very much, I was like, "Uh, so what should I do?" She's much happier now that I've given her a direction to work in. :P And of course, none of that would've been possible without the awesome help of the ladies of TPF! You ladies rock so much!

Make sure you post the final/updated version of your coat! Can't wait to see it :biggrin: