Sleeping with Mineral Makeup

TxGlam

Shop. Spend. Repeat.
O.G.
May 24, 2007
A friend of mine told me that she sleeps with her makeup most of the time because she is too lazy to take it off at night. I couldn't believe it because if I don't wash my face, I break out right away. She uses mineral makeup and swears its not an issue. Is this true? I find this odd!

I've done it before with liquid makeup as well as mineral. both at sleepovers. i felt and looked horrible in the morning with the liquid makeup but mineral foundation looked almost flawless. of course you should take your makeup off, but if i had to choose which one is "safer" to sleep in it would be mineral makeup. it is so light and less ingredients. i didn't break out from either but i clearly remember the yucky feeling from the liquid foundation.

I bought the Bare Escentuals night treatment make up stuff, I'm sorry but the name totally escapes me and I just looked at the container and it actually doesn't say it, and I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world, and it's alright. I have to agree with other posters who said that it is better than sleeping in other makeup, but oddly enough after using this for a few days I started to get super dry skin on my chin and forehead and my nose got "bumpy," not sure if this was just me or something that happens across the board...just wanted to chime in :smile:

I wear mineral makeup and occassionally I will sleep in mine if I fall asleep early, get in really late, etc. I've never had a breakout..I cant wait to wash my face in the morning lol, but no breakouts. The minerals are non-comodgenic (sp?) as in non-pore clogging and are natural, not laden with chemicals and bad things for your skin.

I've sometimes fallen asleep with either on. I'd say MMU is definitely better. No breakouts or anything. With liquid I breakout. But if you can, I'd say wash it off. I only sleep with makeup on when I'm extremely tired and sick.

I use BE and there have been nights where I haven't washed my face before bed, but I usually try to. When I wake up in the morning with it on it doesn't look or feel gross, and hasn't caused a break out. I would trust sleeping in MMU before liquid/regular makeup, but I don't think it should be done often

I use BE and there have been nights where I haven't washed my face before bed, but I usually try to. When I wake up in the morning with it on it doesn't look or feel gross, and hasn't caused a break out. I would trust sleeping in MMU before liquid/regular makeup, but I don't think it should be done often

Same with me. Just don't make a habit of sleeping in your makeup.

Some people can do that. It's not fair. My best friend wears Bare Escentuals and she has flawless skin that does not break out ever! She never washes her makeup brushes and still never breaks out. And she doesn't own any makeup remover. She just washes her face with her normal soap or cleanser at night, or sometimes even sleeps with it on, and still gets no bumps or pimples. I can't even wear Bare Escentuals anymore because the bismuth oxychloride will give me pimples, but she's never had a problem since she started wearing it in 2000. So not fair. :sweatdrop:

I wear Bare Minerals too and there have been a few times where I've fallen asleep/napped with it on, and I haven't woken up with any breakouts. This was certainly not the case when I used to wear liquid foundation.

But nevertheless, falling asleep without washing my face isn't something I'm exactly proud of... it just happens once in a while. I always try to wash my face before bed regardless of what kind of makeup I'm wearing. It's just nice to know that with MMU if I forget it's okay. :smile:

When I was young (sigh), I never washed off my makeup at night. Particularly when I was in college. I never broke out, even though I wore way too much back then. I used a Cover Girl liquid makeup that I'm sure they don't even sell anymore! It was in the late 70s.

Technically, you really shouldn't leave makeup on at night. It's when your body is repairing itself from all the little things that happened during the day, including your skin. Even if MMU doesn't CLOG your pores, it's still BLOCKING them and definitely can still cause breakouts. If you don't wash your face it leaves more time for bacteria to gather and you could get a breakout or even an infection.

Albertslove- that can be bad too. If you leave mascara on for too long it can cause a stye or eye infection. I used to not wash my face sometimes back in highschool and I would get annoying styes all the time, I'm lucky it didn't get more serious than that!!

Wash your faces everyone!! Lol.