Sleeping with make up on?

It can also lead to infection on your lids and actual eye if it's eyemakeup you are leaving on. Take the few minutes to wash your face each night - your skin will thank you later on.

ewww, my sister wears her make up sometimes to bed too and i always tell her not to. but again, she only wears bronzer, shadow, and liner. no heavy foundation or anything, but i can imaging having foundation on...i feel uncomfortable myself with foundation on while taking a nap!

My sister does this (out of laziness) and has terrible skin. A lot of my friends do it too and I'm always scolding them. I have never slept with makeup on. Not once. I'll get a blemish once in a while but nothing like what they are always dealing with. Plus, it's too uncomfortable!

NEVER. I don't feel right if I don't wash my face before going to bed, so I have always removed make up & washed my face before going to bed. Even in my younger days after a night of drinking. I'd wake up hung over, trying to recall the events of the evening before, but I'd have a clean face & no makeup.

never! No way I could sleep, also, I'm not interested in changing my pillowcase every single day!

LOL Thats the first thing I thought of! How gross the pillowcase would look. Ewww.

But to answer the OP, no, no, no and no! I suppose (like someone else said) you arent going to DIE, but chances are pretty good that you will breakout.

^^^Another concerned pillow-case lover here! Yuk! Not going to happen on my 500 thread count pillow cases baby!!

Personally, I can't really imagine going to sleep with makeup on. Isn't taking make-up off and washing your face, applying night cream etc just part of the evening hygiene routine? Sort of like cleaning your teeth and flossing, brushing your hair etc? Do people not attend to personal hygiene at night?? I'm confused...

^^^Another concerned pillow-case lover here! Yuk! Not going to happen on my 500 thread count pillow cases baby!!

Personally, I can't really imagine going to sleep with makeup on. Isn't taking make-up off and washing your face, applying night cream etc just part of the evening hygiene routine? Sort of like cleaning your teeth and flossing, brushing your hair etc? Do people not attend to personal hygiene at night?? I'm confused...

My thoughts exactly!

Plus you still have to wash it off eventually in the morning before doing it again no? Then what's the point really?

Never. Well maybe a couple times when I was younger and drank a lot but it always made me feel gross and of course break out. Now I keep makeup removing wipes on my bedside table so if I am too tired to wash my face I can at least remove my makeup and feel clean.

I knew a girl who slept with her makeup on all the time and even joked that she didn't have to redo her makeup the next day then, (which is actually quite gross), but she had *gorgeous* skin, but who knows the long term effects! She actually had way better skin than I did, and I am very good about removing mine every night! Kinda unfair actually : )

According to All You Need to be Impossibly French by Helena Frith Powell -(don't kill the messenger), it is believed that if you go to bed wearing your make-up you can age six days in one night.
I just have to wash my face every night, i don't care how late i get home or how tired i am. I also change my pillowcases every other day.