Sleeping with make up on?

I have to admit, I have a bad habit of falling asleep with my makeup on. When I do, the next morning my face feels greasy and disgusting and looks bad too. I think it's always best to wash your face before bedtime.

If you are lazy invest in those 3 in 1 clothes. They remove makeup, cleans your skin and tone. I really like j&j 3 in 1's. Biore' also has some really good ones. Don't ever sleep with makeup on, you will break out.

When I first met my husband I used to sleep with makeup... lol! I learned from experience that it is so bad for your skin. You wake up the next morning looking gross: oily skin, small irritated eyes etc... basically your skin never breath if you don't take it out at night. I now ( and I have been doing for a very long time now) wash/scrub my face every night and love the feeling and results of it! You will actually look a lot better the next morning ;)

If you are lazy invest in those 3 in 1 clothes. They remove makeup, cleans your skin and tone. I really like j&j 3 in 1's. Biore' also has some really good ones. Don't ever sleep with makeup on, you will break out.

i use the boots ones.. i have a thing of them on my nightstand so if i have forgotten to wash my facem when i get into bed.. i just can do it right there lol yes i have a trashcan next to my bed to throw them away :smile:

when i was in hs i think half the time i went to bed with make up on.. oopsy.. all i wore was powder and mascara though... never got a pimple.. i didnt get my first pimple til i was 20?? anyways.., i wash my face before bed usually every single night.. but there are days when i get home from work and i eat dinner and fall asleep not intentionally and wake up the next day... my face does feel gross the next day.. but does my face look 8 days older or whatever??? bahahaha no what a joke...

Last edited:
Never sleep with makeup on! I used to have perfect skin, no acne at all during my teen years. One day in college I was so exhausted I crashed with full makeup on. Woke up with breakouts, and had horrible acne for about 5+ years and now have awful acne scars to remind me!

I feel like I can't breeeeeatttthe if I dare to sleep with makeup on. But many times this has happened to me. It's just an awful feeling though when you wake up the next morning & your skin doesn't have that nice fresh feeling. & then the chore of taking it off before you wash & then back to the beginning......

urgh. I just don't recommend it. It makes me feel dirty.

Not to mention the likely damage to your silk pillow.

I'd never sleep with makeup on because I would feel gross. When I put my makeup on in the morning it feels so fresh but by the time I come home I just HAVE to take it all off and cleanse my face.

Never. However, it did happen a few times this past fall while I was in a really horrible place emotionally... it was awful. I can count on one hand the number of times it has happened (accidentally). I could get home at 4am and will still remove my makeup and wash my face before bed.