Sleeper Bags

1. I am wondering why Hermes changed to the orange sleeper bags a few years ago - was it less expensive? The bags are so expensive that they shouldn't cut corners. I really loved the old suede ones and might start buying them on eBay and there is one posted and it is about $150!! Wow!!
    Anyway, any suggestions how to find them? Thanks!!

2. I don't know why or even when, but I do know that was a reason I thought the rouge h kelly I bought from e-bay was a fake because of the bright orange sleeper! My bags I bought 10 yrs ago had the other bags....Maybe the color is harder to duplicate for the fakers?!

3. I don't know why they change them, but they do from time to time; the first Kelly I bought in 1991 had yet a different sleeper (still beige but much uglier than the "suede" ones, really cheap looking...)I still have it 'cause I like to keep each bag with it's own original sleeper...Actually I like the orange ones..:flowers:

4. Hmmmm.....my Black Box Bolide is arriving without a sleeper and I'd love to have one for it since when I'm not using my bags I like to keep them happy in their sleeper. I asked at H if I could buy one but that's a big no-no, I guess. They looked at me like I had two heads.

5. Shopmom, if you get the bag refurbished, they will provide a sleeper, an orange one.

6. how much does it cost to get a birkin refurbished?

7. $80 for basic cleaning.

8. Oh thanks Shoes, Duna and Shopmom...I really loved those suede ones! The orange is pretty but I prefer the suede fabric. Maybe they can dye the suede orange for the next bags?

9. No shoes..it's probably not fake. If I sell an older bag I would like to keep the suede sleeper...just love them!:love: But, I feel guilty and sell with the suede and not the new orange ones.

10. honstly, I prefere the orange dustbags over the older ones my granny used to get with her purchases....
    the orange signature color just makes me smile.....wasn´t that way with the brownish ones!

11. I was going to ask this question, too!!!!!!!

My Herbag (purchased in 2000) has the lovely brown suede one (and the baby suede one for the lock - don't you love 'em?) - and I MUCH prefer these to the orange.....I also saw the orange ones for the first time on eBay, and thought they were fakes:shame: ........I'm kind of disappionted they changed the colour - personally, I think the brown ones were MUCH more elegant (and lovely to touch!)

K.

12. My baby has the old ones...until I see the orange ones I really can't say one way or another. They both do their job I suppose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice