Slash plays "Sweet Child O' Mine" for the first time in a decade

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
On September 20, Rolling Stone put out a list of what they want to see happen before they pay money for this year's Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp. The list includes:

• Slash lets us prank call Axl Rose. We dial and say, “Hey Axl, it’s Charlie Manson. Heard you’re a big fan. Listen, I just escaped from jail and I need a place to hide out. What’s your address?”
  • An impromptu session of Inside The Actor’s Studio with Roger Daltrey. He can illuminate us on what it was like to appear on shows like Sliders and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
  • Vince Neil leads campers on a raid on Hugh Hefner’s Playboy suite at the Palms.
  • Doobie Brother/military defense consultant Jeff “Skunk” Baxter enlightens us with Pentagon secrets.
  • Face painting with Kiss’ Bruce Kulick.
  • Slash teaches us Hotelroom Trashing 101. After the room is adequately destroyed, we take the wooden shards, build a campfire and make S’mores.
  • Jack Bruce is driven to insanity by amateur guitarists repeatedly playing the intro to “Sunshine Of Your Love.”
  • Joe Walsh takes five of us to the $10 blackjack table. Walsh is contractually obligated to sing “Life’s Been Good” for the entire duration.
  • Vince Neil leads campers on a raid to reclaim O.J. Simpson’s stolen memorabilia.
  • Slash shaves his head.

Three days ago, they put this item on their website:

Although our list of demands for this year’s Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp went unfulfilled, Slash did use the occasion to play “Sweet Child O’ Mine” for the first time in over a decade. Slash described the moment as “very surreal.” We describe the moment as almost worth the camp’s $9,499 tuition.

17337334-17337336-large.jpg

Roger Daltrey and Slash (who played "Sweet Child O' Mine" for the first time in a decade) perform with camp attendees during the 10th Anniversary Of The Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp on November 9, 2007 in Las Vegas.

I think that's very exciting. I love that song. The guitar is genius, the vocals are genius. It's one of those songs where it's fun to sing karaoke but it's almost blasphemous if anyone else sings a cover of it.

Slash Wife Says, Aloha ... I'm Leaving You

12/30/2014 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

1229-slash-perla-ferrar-tmz-4.jpg

Slash
's marriage is on the rocks -- TMZ has learned his wife has hightailed it out of L.A. and is already saying they're separated. Sources close to the couple tell us Perla unexpectedly flew to Hawaii over the weekend with their 2 boys, and threw down a deadline of sorts -- telling Slash they need to work out their issues by New Year's or else.

It's unclear exactly what the issues are -- they've had plenty of blowups during 13 years of marriage -- but one source says ... "this time it's different." Although Perla is telling friends this a separation, we're told she hasn't filed legally.
We called Slash's reps -- they haven't gotten back to us -- but TMZ broke the story back in 2010, when Slash filed divorce docs ... only to withdraw the petition 2 months later.

We're told no one's mentioned the 'D' word this time around ... not yet. That could be especially messy since Perla is Slash's manager and runs all of his companies.
Welcome to the jungle.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3NPZOlh5l