Sky High over the Lindy Aviator Bag

Hummingbird

H'Bird
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Yesterday A parchemin clemence lindy aviator flew in from the west coast to join my gold clemence lindy aviator. AND I AM SKY HIGH - OVER THE MOON - WITH JOY!

After a great chat with the manager of my local H boutique and a little research on google, I found out that the design of the Hermes Lindy bag is inspired by the aviator totes that pilots use. The *Lindy* is named in honor of Charles Lindbergh aka Lucky Lindy. The new dance craze going around at the time of his historic flight - *Lindy's Hop* [across the pond] - was named the lindy hop.

I'm convinced it's really a birkin with a shoulder strap and outside pockets. They just rotated the birkin handles from the front to the sides.

Please share pics of your lindys!!!!

Here are my 34 parchemin clemence and 34 gold clemence. A fellow tpfer's 30 rose dragee swift is also pictured.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LJvintkelly 079%20.JPG
    LJvintkelly 079%20.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,048
  • LJvintkelly 080%20.JPG
    LJvintkelly 080%20.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 863
  • LJvintkelly 090%20.JPG
    LJvintkelly 090%20.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 835
  • lindys 001%25.JPG
    lindys 001%25.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 880
  • lindys 015%25.JPG
    lindys 015%25.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 828
OHHH Hbird I think we have the same mad love for this bag. I am IN LOVE with Lindy! Seriously!!! What fabulous historical origins for this as well. I would cherish this bag over any other if it were in my collection.
I admire the two that you have!
Someday when I get mine we can have a Lindy party :smile: Are you free in 2010/2011? :smile:

I'm thinking Raisin.

Oh Hummingbird... absolutely gorgeous !!!! can't wait to see it on you. Congratulations....I will be in DC on the 13th and 14th... I could see you on the 14th and do some Christmas shopping?

OHHH Hbird I think we have the same mad love for this bag. I am IN LOVE with Lindy! Seriously!!! What fabulous historical origins for this as well. I would cherish this bag over any other if it were in my collection.
I admire the two that you have!
Someday when I get mine we can have a Lindy party :smile: Are you free in 2010/2011? :smile:

I'm thinking Raisin.

I think raisin's great! But please hurry, I'm no spring chicken here.