Skinny jeans...not jeggings??

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
Hey girls,
I am on the quest for some skinny jeans. I want a LITTLE bit of stretch but nowhere near how much stretch is in jeggings. I want to be able to tuck something into them and roll them at the ankles a little bit, and wear them with oxfords or flats. I have some straight legs, I have some jeggings, but I don't have any plain skinny jeans that really fit me well. I am 5'4 with hips and a butt, but also pretty fit. So I'm curvy. I was kind of thinking of J brand, but I have never tried those. I'm open to both lower end (gap, banana republic, etc) and higher end (sevens, citizens, j brand, etc).

So, anyone have a suggestion for a good skinny jean without too much stretch? And one that can fit a butt? :biggrin: thanks! Style recs would be appreciated.

I think skinny jeans with little stretch are much more flattering than jeggings. The least stretchy jeans I have are a few pairs of genetic denim that are 98% cotton and 2% spandex that I really like. The Jbrand styles that I have are stretchier but there might be styles that are less stretchy.

PS- I see your location is Columbia, is that Columbia MO? I live in Columbia!

Hey girls,
I am on the quest for some skinny jeans. I want a LITTLE bit of stretch but nowhere near how much stretch is in jeggings. I want to be able to tuck something into them and roll them at the ankles a little bit, and wear them with oxfords or flats. I have some straight legs, I have some jeggings, but I don't have any plain skinny jeans that really fit me well. I am 5'4 with hips and a butt, but also pretty fit. So I'm curvy. I was kind of thinking of J brand, but I have never tried those. I'm open to both lower end (gap, banana republic, etc) and higher end (sevens, citizens, j brand, etc).

So, anyone have a suggestion for a good skinny jean without too much stretch? And one that can fit a butt? :biggrin: thanks! Style recs would be appreciated.
I really like j brand 901 skinny jeans and Hudson Nico jeans (they don't have the silly flaps on the back pockets like most Hudson jeans).

I find the Hudsons are a bit strechier & tighter fitting whilst the brands are a little stiffer and looser for me (but still very skinny).

Both retain their shape and don't tend to sag on me.

I also have COH jeans but I'm not so keen on these as they seem to stretch out a bit after wear and go a little loose.

I have a pair of COH skinnies that don't stretch at all throughout the day which I love! Because a lot of the time I find jeans stretch so much that they are falling down around lunchtime. The key IMO is to find a pair with thicker more structured fabric...the really soft thin ones might be comfy, but they're the ones I find to sag.

I love Paige skyline skinnies. I have athletic legs and a butt and they fit me well. They are great to tuck into boots, but I also love them with flats and heels. Depending on your height, you could get the ankle version. I think the inseam on those is 29" to 30". Hope this helps!

J Brand really are great. I would recommend trying them on rather than ordering online because their sizing really varies from style to style.
I also like the 7 for all mankind Roxanne skinny. I have several pairs and always get compliments on them.
I don't like AG- I had a few pairs and they looked great at first but stretched out within minutes of wearing and didn't hold up.
I haven't bought any, but I also really liked some Zara skinnies I tried.

I love Paige skyline skinnies. I have athletic legs and a butt and they fit me well. They are great to tuck into boots, but I also love them with flats and heels. Depending on your height, you could get the ankle version. I think the inseam on those is 29" to 30". Hope this helps!

Ditto! I have these in a deep plum and a dark blue wash. My faves! I love the ankle length.

I think skinny jeans with little stretch are much more flattering than jeggings. The least stretchy jeans I have are a few pairs of genetic denim that are 98% cotton and 2% spandex that I really like. The Jbrand styles that I have are stretchier but there might be styles that are less stretchy.

PS- I see your location is Columbia, is that Columbia MO? I live in Columbia!

What! Do you really?!?! Yes it is!!!!!!! How old are you? This is so cool!!!

I'm with you! These are my favorite skinny jeans as well.

I have found AG Stilt and Stevie to be incredible cuts. The inseams are under 31" so great for shorties. They are not ultraskinny and have some calf room. This also makes them great for cuffing. They're more of a skinny straight. They also seem to be flattering on girls with a healthy rear. If you're in between sizes I would opt to size down as they do stretch, but not so much that they're unflattering. Each wash runs differently so don't get discouraged if something doesn't fit in your TTS.