Skinny Jeans - Need Recommendations

crjhht said:
Truthfully I have never bought designer jeans (**gasp**). I don't wear jeans a lot and the ones I have, have come from the gap, talbots, j jill etc. In pants I am a size 8.

Hopefully they will answer your email! If not, I'd go for a 30 or 31. See what their exchange/return policy is just in case. Good luck!

i love the skinny jeans!! but one thing i personally learned, is that you MUST try them on in the store...i think i tried about 7 various pairs on today...and they were all SOOOO different!

i like citizens of humanity..those fit great! :yes: :heart:

Can you buy j brand in nordstrom?

aribobarixxx said:
i love the skinny jeans!! but one thing i personally learned, is that you MUST try them on in the store...i think i tried about 7 various pairs on today...and they were all SOOOO different!

i like citizens of humanity..those fit great! :yes: :heart:

Can you buy j brand in nordstrom?

I don't think so. I did see them advertised at Neiman Marcus.

By the way, I love my J Brand jeans. Now that I've had a chance to break them in. They are so comfortable.

can i just say for anyone who has a kids body, like me. i'm really short, 4 feet 11, and abercrombie kids makes some nice jeans. i kid you not!!! hahahaha pun not intended. seriously, i fit into the size 14, and they really are comfy and fitting. and they only cost me 50 bucks!!!! i bought 2 pairs of skinny jeans.

vanojr9 said:
Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but I just bought a pair of skinny jeans at Target and they're awesome. They're called Mossimo Premium denim, they're stretchy in all the right places, and they make even size 8 me look skinny. Plus they were only $22, so when they're out of style in a few months they weren't a big investment. I know that recommending Target jeans is practically heresy, but every other pair of jeans I own are designer, either Citizens or Joes. And these Target jeans ***** them all (I feel sort of silly for spending so much on jeans now!). Check them out if you're not looking for a particular label. Good luck finding a pair that you like!

Target : Mossimo® Black: Premium Denim Skinny Jeans - Blue Black

I got a pair too! I got these
Target : Juniors’ Mossimo® Red: Faded Skinny Jeans - Black

I took the tacky rhinstones off the back pockets:throwup: .
I love how they remind me of my 7th grade Guess jeans with the zipper ankles.
I normally buy exspensive jeans (Stitch's, Sass & Bide, Earnest Swen) but I really love these!!! they are super comfortable.

I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on such trendy jeans and I really like these.

My two favorite skinnies are:

Joe's Jeans Chelsea (super-skinny 12" Leg Opening))

JOE-WJ252_V1-BIG.jpg

And True Religion Johnny (14" Leg Opening)
TRUE-WJ276_V2-BIG.jpg

BTBF said:
If the inseam is too long for me and I got it altered. Will I lose the drainpipe(?) look?

Thanks.

I guess it depends on how much tapering there is on the last few inches that you would get cut off.

I just had two pairs hemmed (TR Billy and Joe's cigarette) and I don't think I lost any of the skinny effect. I did have a problem with some flare leg jeans where getting them hemmed look silly because I lost too much of the 'flare' part.

AG (Adriano Goldschmied) makes a great jean called the Stilt. It comes in a couple of the darker washes and hits right below the ankle so it doesn't bunch. The fit is flattering and the length makes your legs look quite long.

The J Brand in 10 inch are great if you want to tuck them in jeans without getting the puffy knee look. I also like AG with heals.

Personally, I ordered and tried on both the J Brand 10" and the 12" jeans. I kept the 12", but I think the 10" looked too much like I was wearing denim leggings. Even my boyfriend, who is not adverse to seeing me in tight jeans, suggested I go with the 12" leg. Just my two cents.

10" Super-skinny (ShopBob.com)
jbran1000715386_347x683f.jpg

12" Pencil Leg (from RevolveClothing.com)
JBRA-WJ6_V1-BIG.jpg

I got a pair at Armani Exchange that are skinny, but they seemed a little forgiving to the figure, I am 42, so I do not have perfect body.
I definitely would say try them on before buying.