skincare help for a 22 y.o with oily skin

jennzy

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
hey everyone!
so i come kneeling on my knees for your help!
i have combo-oily skin. combo in the winter and oily int he summer

i like my moisturizers to have spf and none of these fancy antiaging because i'm 22 and have no wrinkles!

ive tried sheido's the skin care. it was fantastic! they used to have 3 types for different skins and then they got rid of 2 and only have one which is too heavy for me :sad:

i'm currently using dior's hydra action light and now that its summer i'm turning into a grease ball!

in the past ive used kiels and loved their aca oil free (i think thats what they were called) but i now want something with spf.

i don't like wearing a moisturizer and then putting on sunscreen because it makes my face super oily quick... so please help me!!!

and p.s if you're going to recommend me like la mer or sisley please keep in mind that i'm only 22 and i don't think i need to go out and spend that much on the skincare... at least not right now....
i'm thinking in and around 60$ US

I've heard that several of Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizers with SPF are pretty good but I'm the opposite of you - I prefer to add sunscreen separate from anything else going on my face. Have you looked at any of the reviews at MUA? That might help :smile:

I'm 22, and I have combo skin in the winter and oilier skin in the summer as well! I'm almost done with my Kiehl's Ultra Facial moisturizer (which is fine in the winter but too heavy in the summer). Lately I've been using Oil of Olay's Total Effects fragrance free moisturizer and it's working great! They also have the same moisturizer with SPF 15 so perhaps you should check it out! It's done wonders to my skin, plus it's only $21 but you can get it frequently on sale for $18.

I'm 17 and use Dermalogica Skin Smoothing cream. I have very combination cream and use it in conjunction with other dermalogica products and think it works really well. It is a bit pricy, but you can buy it in bulk, which then lasts you a long time.

If you like Kiehl's, their Ultra Facial Moisturizer comes in an SPF 15 formula. I found it to be a little runnier than the original, but nice and light for summer.
These days for my oily-but-sensitive skin I like LUSH products. I think they have really helped decrease oil production since I've been using them. I use Sweet Japanese Girl which is an oil cleanser, so it breaks up the oil really well, then one of their toners, then Imperialis moisturizer which has plant extracts to decrease oil, plus it's really lightweight and comfortable to wear. No SPF though.

thank you for your responses everyone!!!!

xlana, isn't total effects for anti-aging??? i'm trying to stay away from stuff i don't need because my friend used eye cream with anti aging and all that stuff and she got 2 cysts and the derm said its because she's using something she doesn't need and its too rich for her skin..

frenchpearls the dermalogica line where is that from? ive never heard or seen it

elle tee, the ultra face moisturizer with spf is too rich for me in the summer :sad: and the oil cleanser... i didnt know it helped with oily skin!!!! i should def try that! do i use that with the face wash or instead of the face wash?

I am around your age and had oily skin issues for a while. I actually got advice from my skincare people lol. I use Conti Castille soap, which is olive oil based (I think). I use this soap for washing my face in the morning and night and doesn't leave any slimy/fatty soap residue on my face. My sisters and I all used this throught out HS and college and we still use it now! As for moisturizers, I don't really use any because my skin tends to get oily in the spring/summer. I use the oil blotting tissues here and there throughout the day and it actually really helped with blackheads/whitehead since I didnt let the oil sink it or stay too long on my skin. In the winter, I use a very light day cream (since my skin gets oily on its own, but at the same time dry in certain areas). Other than washing my face, blotting oil, and applying light day cream in the winter, I don't really do much with my face. I exfoliate once a week and I put face masks on may once every 1-2 weeks.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?Ntk=All&srchtree=5&Ntt=conti+soap&aid=336064&aparam=conti%20soap&scinit1=conti%20soap

shu umera's cleansing oil is sooo huge in korea! i def should give it a try!!!
but doesn't it make the face oilier???

i got help from the skincare people at various counters and i dont think they know what they're talking about. ive been to the derm they're useless too

I'm a few years older than you and my skin is quite oily too. You should look into the sunscreen from Shiseido, it doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy at all and also keeps my makeup from melting off. And sunscreen prevents premature aging so you can stay wrinkle free

thank you for your responses everyone!!!!

xlana, isn't total effects for anti-aging??? i'm trying to stay away from stuff i don't need because my friend used eye cream with anti aging and all that stuff and she got 2 cysts and the derm said its because she's using something she doesn't need and its too rich for her skin..

frenchpearls the dermalogica line where is that from? ive never heard or seen it

elle tee, the ultra face moisturizer with spf is too rich for me in the summer :sad: and the oil cleanser... i didnt know it helped with oily skin!!!! i should def try that! do i use that with the face wash or instead of the face wash?

Eye creams and face moisturizers are usually completely different formulas. When I used eye cream, I also got those cysts and now I know why (same reason as you said). However, the Oil of Olay cream isn't rich at all, and it hasn't given me any cysts during the entire 3 weeks I've been using it. It's more preventative (even toned skin, fading away "fine lines", and fading discoloration) than "anti-wrinkle" which are two completely different things.