Skin Type Solution - Anyone???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I purchased the book last month, but haven't gotten around to using/reading it. I'm a little annoyed that it's now on some bestseller's lists (i.e. discount). Anyway, I'm glad that the book sounds great.

2. Thanks SwankyMama-I bought the book and found my skin type (Whoo- was that quiz long or what???) and am just looking for some of the products. Found a couple, but will have to order others on line. She lists skincare products I never even heard of. Good tip-thanks again:biggrin:

3. Cool! What's your's?
    I'm a DSNW {I think}

4. I took the test this weekend...I think I'm an OPST.

5. Where I work, they have a medical spa. I just went last week and had microdermabrasion done. The Aesthetician recommended Replenix products...
    They do feel nice on the skin and I have the T zone also...

I was wondering if the book mentions any of the products I bought???
    Replenix?? Or maybe Clanalois knows about it?

I bought about four products from her and want to go back and get a few more. They are 50% off her at the medical center where I work until the end of April....

6. Somehow I completely skipped this thread...I am going to order this book because I have been trying several different products throughout the past couple of years and I have not noticed any changes. :sad2: Hopefully this will help me...

Thanks for the book recommendation Swanky!!! :biggrin:

7. I'm an ORPT-The books says it's "The Glowing Skin Type" :amazed: When I read that I thought-What? Glowing? - except for my wedding day and pregnancies-nope never noticed a glow. Was super suprised to hear that.

8. Oh wow! You're the complete polar opposite of me!
    Mine stands for
    Dry
    Sensitive
    Non-pigmented
    Wrinkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looovely!
    I was a little suprised by mine because for my age, I have almost ZERO wrinkles and I didn't realize how dry my skin is considered by Dermatologists.
    Enlightening indeed!

9. Hey SwankyMama,

After reading your thread, I ordered the book from Amazon (I think it was $14)...anyway, I took the test a couple of times. (Mainly because she gave caveats to certain answers, so I had to redo it). So, I think I'm the same as SuLi, and the opposite of you. I just ordered producst...have you been using your products. My skin is actually pretty good -- I usually get compliments on it! So, we'll see what happens!:biggrin:

10. I have changed at least 3 of my products and honestly . . . .

I HAVE noticed a significant improvement in my skin!

I thought I had good skin too! LOL! I had NO idea I was close to off the charts dry and sensitive! :-0

11. Thanks for the rec Swankymama. I'm going to B and N tomorrow, so will def check this out and report back. My skin is ok...but I still get breakouts sometimes, PLUS I'm starting to get a few wrinkles around my eyes. Somehow I never thought I would have BOTH....

12. This is kind of unrelated, but I have VERy oily skin which can get dry and scaly in the areas beside my nose on my cheeks and in between my eyebrows.

I never stuck with one moisturizer for long b/c they just didn't work until I found H2O's Face Oasis. It's a gel, so its oil free and is very hydrating. Now I don't look like an alligator anymore! I highly recommend this product b/c it's not that expensive and works really well.

BTW I totally don't work for H2O:nuts:

13. I definitely need to find this book, because my skin is such an enigma to me, so finicky, I wish I understood it better!

14. I haven't used any of the products yet....waiting, sadly, to finish what I currently use (I can't just throw away Clarins!). But, I did purchase some of the recommendations for my skin type, and I'm having trouble finding one thing, which is totally frustrating! Ugh!

15. Maybe I should get the book. I have always struggled with my skin- it seems to be worse lately and it just annoys me! I'd love to hear what skin type I am...