Skin changing - need help!

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm 35 now and my skin is really changing! :wtf: It isn't smooth and taut anymore, but has more of a bumpy texture. Also, I'm getting a funny streak on my left cheek that I can only see when the light is a certain direction. It is shaped kind of like a banana, and when I get the light right, it looks lighter than the skin around it. Keep in mind that I have to be pretty close to the mirror, and no one else seems to be able to see it. But I know it's there!

I use Avon's Force Extra Triple Lifting Day AND Night creams, wash with Neutrogena soap (which has always been a great staple of my skin care regimen since age 12), and exfoliate every morning with apricot scrub. Also, a recently started using Clinique's 15-minute facial, which helps smooth things out some, but not completely.

I know I'll never be able to have the skin I had at 13 (or 16, or 19, or 25...), but do I have to just accept pudgy, bumpy skin? Please say it isn't so! Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. I am 32 and started to notice the same issues you are talking about. My derm told me that the small bumps were small clogged pores like mini zits and exfoliation and a good moisturizer will help. She reccomended the "Make-up optional" skin care kit by philosophy. If you don't want the whole kit you should start with the purity clenser and the hope in a jar cream and wear a sun screen everyday of 30spf or higher. Once or twice a week use an exfoliating scrub but probally not one as harsh as apricot scrub, to many rough edges. I think you may be over doing your skin and it doesn't like it. simplify your routine and see what happens.

3. Thanks! I do have huge pores... I noticed a couple of years ago they seemed more pronounced. I will be glad to experiment with the products you recommend.

Something I forgot to mention is that every day cream I have used with any spf makes my skin look dry with fine wrinkles! I don't have that problem (at least I didn't) until I switched to spf creams and lotions (any brand, seemingly). Etenebris took me to a recent Clinique bonus day sale, and I ended up with some of their Super City Block with spf 40. It looks like something you put on over moisturizer, since it is tinted. I am thinking about trying a non-spf day cream, and then using this on top.

Thanks so much for your advice--I was sure someone else must be going through the same thing. Subsequent to posting this, I decided that overall, I really do have good skin for my age, so I should try to be happy! BUT I am even more happy now, because you've given me hope. :heart: Thank you!

4. i dont think u should exfloiate in the morning bc it leaves the skin's surface weak and if you dont use a good SPF moisturizer, you will have discolorations bc of the sun. Ive always read that good scrubbing should be used at night so the night creams/ serums can do their work because skin repairs itself during sleep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice