Sizzles AKA The Humpmeister

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
OK, Sizzles is 2 1/2 and fixed. So, why did he mount a 4 year old girl Corgi (also fixed) and a girl rabbit last night. He wouldn't let go of the bunny (admittedly, she is cute, but really...) He was behaving like Tiger Woods at a stripper convention! What's going on? Is this normal boy dog behavior?

i think it's normal. i have 3 male cats and TWO of them still do this even though they were fixed YEARS ago. seriously.. one is like 8 years old and still tries to get it on with one of the others.

It doesn't sound like it is sexually motivated. It could be that he's trying to dominate the other animals. I would make him stop when he starts humping (especially with the bunny).

my male dog (fixed) often humps other males when they come into his territory - it's a dominance thing. He'll try to hump a female once in a while but usually gets off when you tell him, "no," but with the males he will try to get at them all day long to prove his dominance... it's embarrassing! He stopped doing it as much after he turned 4, but from time to time he'll do it.

My male dog recently got fixed as well, and he still humps and runs around like his usual self. I think the hormones are still there and needs time for the hormones to disappear. I wish I knew how to stop it as well :shrugs:

My female just started doing it with regularity and she was fixed 3 years ago. Anytime my male Yorkie (who was also fixed 3 years ago) starts to get rowdy or if we have company (go figure, she likes an audience), she hops on and shows him who's boss. I find it mildy amusing because my male has dominance issues.

I also have a male Rottie who has calmed down in regards to inappropriate behavior (he's been fixed for 5 years now), but he still does it on occasion and when all three get together, my male Yorkie will try to get the Rottie, whilst my 4lb female Yorkie is tagging the other Yorkie.

It's a dominance thing, just tell them 'no' if it bothers you.

My male dog recently got fixed as well, and he still humps and runs around like his usual self. I think the hormones are still there and needs time for the hormones to disappear. I wish I knew how to stop it as well :shrugs:

I don't know if the desire ever goes away. :shrugs:There have been breeders on the boxer forum that will tell you their neutered male will tie on to a female in heat. They still have the desire and ability, but shoot blanks. A newly neutered male can sire a litter too.

My neutered male will hump to display dominance and hump when he is frisky. I can tell the difference! When he's frisky, he will lick our female all over her face and ears. He's very romantic! :nuts:
My spayed female humped out of dominance. I correct the behavior when it's dominance. Ummm, I'm unsure about my guy's romancing though.:-s

OK, Sizzles is 2 1/2 and fixed. So, why did he mount a 4 year old girl Corgi (also fixed) and a girl rabbit last night. He wouldn't let go of the bunny (admittedly, she is cute, but really...) He was behaving like Tiger Woods at a stripper convention! What's going on? Is this normal boy dog behavior?

OK, First I have to acknowledge your great sense of humor. C'mon! This post was FUNNY!!! Then I'll tell you that I have tried everything and my 10 year old male beardie STILL humps and was fixed when he was 6 months old. He especially loves the older crowd like my mother and mother in law which is really quite funny, but, I usually break it up once I stop laughing. Sometimes I'll tell my mother in law that it would be easier if she just let him finish at which point she smacks me!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

OK, First I have to acknowledge your great sense of humor. C'mon! This post was FUNNY!!! Then I'll tell you that I have tried everything and my 10 year old male beardie STILL humps and was fixed when he was 6 months old. He especially loves the older crowd like my mother and mother in law which is really quite funny, but, I usually break it up once I stop laughing. Sometimes I'll tell my mother in law that it would be easier if she just let him finish at which point she smacks me!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

I hope she is not wearing shorts!:nuts::P:biggrin:

Sizzles is 2.5 already?? Good heavens, I remember when you got him and posted pics of his tiny little self. He has got to be one of the cutest puppies I have ever seen.

I have no advice on your little problem, sorry.

Both my dogs are fixed and they will try and hump each other occasionall, it's just a dominance thing!

The hilarious thing is my little guy's back legs don't work very well so he just kind of tries to climb on and hang on with his front paws.

Hopefully Sizzles realises the error of his ways before the Corgi and Bunny report him to the media :P