Sizing of LOVE in cuff vs full bracelet

jtc103

Jewelry lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
Hi ladies, does anybody have BOTH the LOVE cuff and full bracelet? I need help in sizing. I used to own a LOVE bracelet which I received as a gift about 15 years ago. I lost this bracelet a few years ago because I never wore as it should have been worn. Meaning, I took it off every night that I did wear it (I can never wear ANY jewelry while sleeping). I also never mixed metal colors (actually even now I almost never mix my colors still). I had a WG one which I lost together with other jewelry during a trip to Las Vegas when I left one of my carry-on bags in the cab on the way to the airport. If I remember correctly I'm a 17.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting another one but I'm leaning towards a cuff because I know I can't keep it on all the time. I tried to go to an authorized Cartier dealer but they only had watches and was told that the jewelry are only sold in Cartier boutiques. I wanted to try them on to know what size fits me best in cuff. The closest Cartier boutique is 5 hours away and I won't be going there anytime soon. However one of my jeweller's is offering a discounted price if I order it through them and would love to take advantage of this offer especially if there's a price increase coming soon!!! However, once I order it, I cannot return it so I really need to be able to order a size that would fit me well.

If I'm a 17 in the full bracelet, does that mean my sizing with the cuff is also either a 16 or 17? For those who have the cuff, what's your wrist size and what's the size of the cuff you're wearing? Also if you have both, what's your cuff size and what's your full bracelet size?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi! I can't believe you lost a WG Love bangle. Was it insured? Now with tax, it is over $6,000! Anyway, to answer your question - I have a WG Love bangle in a 17. And I just purchased the YG Love cuff (in Nov.) in a size 17 as well. Good luck with your purchase. I'd be really reluctant to buy something not returnable. I went into the boutique to try on cuff to be certain as mine was also sent to me.
BTW, there are tons of threads on sizing of cuffs compared to bangles. You might find a search helpful.

Hi! I can't believe you lost a WG Love bangle. Was it insured? Now with tax, it is over $6,000! Anyway, to answer your question - I have a WG Love bangle in a 17. And I just purchased the YG Love cuff (in Nov.) in a size 17 as well. Good luck with your purchase. I'd be really reluctant to buy something not returnable. I went into the boutique to try on cuff to be certain as mine was also sent to me.
BTW, there are tons of threads on sizing of cuffs compared to bangles. You might find a search helpful.

Hi Hokaplan, thanks so much for the reply! Would you mind telling me your wrist size?

*I* never insured it as it was given to me when when I was in my teens by my mom and I never really realized the value of some of the jewelry I was given until I started buying my own jewelry which only started in the last few years. As a child I was given jewelry by my mom on pretty much every occassion. I've lost many pieces given to me by my mom, and I've only realized how much I've lost now that I've started paying for my own jewelry :sad: I've smartened up though and have now started insuring most of my jewelry. You wouldn't believe how much of a klutz I am :lol: I *almost* lost my e-ring (admiring it) the first day I got it!

I don't know my wrist measurements. So sorry. I don't own a Pandora bracelet but I was measured for one. They come in a 7.1 and a 7.5 I believe. I was definitely a 7.1 if that helps. The 16 Love fits but too snug in my opinion. I think the 17 is just perfect!

Thanks ladies for the replies! I just measured and remeasured my wrists and other similar shaped-bangles. I think 17 would be the best fit for me. Now I'm still contemplating if I should go for the cuff based on sizing or go with the full bracelet. I've never had a cuff before so I don't know how that'll fit!

It is locked in my safe at the moment. But I bet there are other threads that would have that info. I definitely recall reading wrist measurements. When I get a chance, I'll try to find out for you. I think my tape measure is at my shore house!

It is locked in my safe at the moment. But I bet there are other threads that would have that info. I definitely recall reading wrist measurements. When I get a chance, I'll try to find out for you. I think my tape measure is at my shore house!

Thanks - I just read through the sizing threads & am getting conflicting numbers.
JTC & I are in the same boat - 4/5 hours away from the boutique. I'm sitting here with the thing that you print off the website plus a tape measure, LOL. I personally would like whichever size has the interior circumference of 16mm.

I've also found the cuff to fit a little smaller, requiring a slightly larger size. My wrists are tiny so I have to go with 16 in everything, but I wish they came smaller!

purseinsanity said:
I've also found the cuff to fit a little smaller, requiring a slightly larger size. My wrists are tiny so I have to go with 16 in everything, but I wish they came smaller!

Is your 16 love bracelet 16cm inner circumference? :smile:

Thanks - I just read through the sizing threads & am getting conflicting numbers.
JTC & I are in the same boat - 4/5 hours away from the boutique. I'm sitting here with the thing that you print off the website plus a tape measure, LOL. I personally would like whichever size has the interior circumference of 16mm.

I tried measuring my 17 bracelet and I may be off since it was a bit difficult as I am wearing it but I think it is 17cm. So I think the size 16 is 16cm (makes sense!)