sizing listing on ebay for CL is odd

Taty283

Jan 10, 2017
I'm looking for size 7 (i run between a 7-7.5)...some of the shoes I look at that are 37 people list as 6.5. I looked all over the internet at european sizes and 37=7 so why are so many people doing this?

Rockpup

Dec 31, 2014
SW Florida
People might be marking the size as how they feel it fits. If they do not show a picture of the number stamped on the sole ask for one. If they refuse I'd avoid buying that pair.

Reactions: Materielgrrl

Yogathlete

May 19, 2015
Manhattan
Because there is not a direct conversion from euro to US sizes. It also depends on brand as some run smaller or larger than normal. Also, I would search in the title using the euro size (not selecting the box as a filter) as this could help your search criteria.
I'm looking for size 7 (i run between a 7-7.5)...some of the shoes I look at that are 37 people list as 6.5. I looked all over the internet at european sizes and 37=7 so why are so many people doing this?

Taty283

Jan 10, 2017
People might be marking the size as how they feel it fits. If they do not show a picture of the number stamped on the sole ask for one. If they refuse I'd avoid buying that pair.
The size number? Or is there some other # I should be checking

Materielgrrl

Aug 31, 2014
I'm not sure how your finding the shoes. I wear a size 9. When I search for louboutins (or Valentino's and Gucci, for that matter) I will search for shoes that are US size 9, 9.5, 10 and 10.5. From there as another poster stated I look for the size that is stamped into the shoe and I narrow down and look primarily for size 40 or 401/2, which for me is my size 9. For grins and giggles I may go back and read what the seller posted as the size, but I don't pay much attention to what they post. It's what's etched in the sole that I focus on.