Sizing help please!

Janec1121

Mar 18, 2012
I recently purchased a love bracelet in a size 17 and wondering if I got one too small! It’s been a couple weeks and I keep obsessing over it. Would an 18 have been better? My wrist (where wristbone is) measures at just around 6.1 inches. I can turn it with a little effort at the thinnest part of my wrist.
What do you guys think?
Thanks for your opinion!
(If I decide to exchange, I’m not even sure if they will take it back since it’s been on for a couple weeks already with some light scratches)

3360320D-5E8F-4460-BD35-A033F44D7D31.jpeg

FDD63DEC-7859-4DD0-A87C-223601BF264E.jpeg

A547F82D-A017-476D-B0BA-0EB82942B006.jpeg

Last edited:

Familyfirst

Aug 7, 2020
It is the “snug” fit but doesn’t look like it’s too tight on you. That’s how the size 17 is on me. However the 18 fit nicely on my arm (I have round arms) but went very low on my hand as I have very small hands and I was able to take it off without unscrewing it-I didn’t like the feeling it could slip off my hand. I highly doubt Cartier would exchange it for you now especially that you have worn it for a couple of weeks and there are some light scratches. Most people do second guess themselves and wonder if they’ve made a mistake as it is an expensive piece, you want to be 100% sure but a lot of us are in between sizes so it’s either too snug or too loose. As long as it’s not uncomfortable, I suggest you enjoy your beautiful bangle-I think it looks lovely on you.

Reactions: Janec1121

JOJA

O.G.
Apr 24, 2009
I think it looks good on you! Unfortunately, I don't think Cartier will consider an exchange because you've had it for a few weeks and it shows wear. If it makes you feel any better, I still play the "did I get the right size" game and I've had mine for 7 years now :lol:
Enjoy your Cartier!!

Janec1121

Mar 18, 2012
Thanks! Would you say you got a tighter fitting one or looser fitting one?

I think it looks good on you! Unfortunately, I don't think Cartier will consider an exchange because you've had it for a few weeks and it shows wear. If it makes you feel any better, I still play the "did I get the right size" game and I've had mine for 7 years now :lol:
Enjoy your Cartier!!

JOJA

O.G.
Apr 24, 2009
Thanks! Would you say you got a tighter fitting one or looser fitting one?
Mine is a tighter fit ~ it still moves on my wrist and is comfortable. I’m happy with the size most of the time. It’s just that game I like to play to drive myself insane.

Familyfirst

Aug 7, 2020
Looking at your photos again, I actually think it looks perfect on you. I originally said it’s on the “snug” side but not tight on you, but I was just basing it off the last photo where it’s on your wrist and you show the space inbetween. However on the other photos it does seem it goes up your arm a few of inches so it definitely isn’t tight on you. Enjoy your bangle!

oceanz22

Jan 23, 2011
Mines the same as yours ! I went back to the store a few times just to be sure and I think the smaller size works better for me. Sometimes I still self doubt but If I size up it will be rotating by itself and able to remove it without unscrewing like what you mention which I don’t think it’s the intent of the love bracelet. If you are stacking with other jewellery you might not want it to move around up and down your wrist. it would scratch easily. Similar for daily usage. I would say enjoy your bracelet. :smile:

MamaOfA

Sep 24, 2019
I recently purchased a love bracelet in a size 17 and wondering if I got one too small! It’s been a couple weeks and I keep obsessing over it. Would an 18 have been better? My wrist (where wristbone is) measures at just around 6.1 inches. I can turn it with a little effort at the thinnest part of my wrist.
What do you guys think?
Thanks for your opinion!
(If I decide to exchange, I’m not even sure if they will take it back since it’s been on for a couple weeks already with some light scratches)

View attachment 4812362

View attachment 4812363

View attachment 4812364
I think it looks beautiful on you! I think sizing is all personal preference. Mine fits like yours and I prefer it that way, bangles that are looser then to bang around more and sometimes spin around. That would drive me nuts.

Jamily

Feb 7, 2011
I think it looks perfect. I had a 17 in yg and wanted to change to one with diamonds in rose gold. I was convinced I’d buy the 18 this time as I prefer a bangle/looser look but when I tried it on it looked and felt wrong. Hard to explain but it was just not right - it also didn’t ‘catch’ on my arm as well as the 17 does so I found it flew up and down my arm. Not only was it uncomfortable and annoying but the 18 didn’t travel much further down my arm but gaped hugely at the wrist. So I ended up buying the 17 again. I just wish Cartier did half sizes!! Anyway, I think yours looks lovely and the ideal fit. Hard not to keep over thinking it all - I’ve been there!! X

trf

Jun 28, 2015
Hi, I was having the same dilemma as you this weekend. My wrist is 14.5cm so I would technically be a size 16. The Beverly Hills sales associate told me the size 16 was perfect, but I felt that there wasn't too much room if my wrist swelled or grew as I age. It fit the same as your 17. I asked to try on the 17 and when she put it on she literally told me, "I would not feel comfortable selling this size to you." I left feeling really confused.

I then went to another location and the sales associate (who had been working at Cartier for 15+ years) told me that she has seen so many people grow out of their bracelets, and recommended me to get the 17. I ended up getting the 17 and now that I have it on, I has peace of mind knowing that it will fit for years to come no matter what.

Right now yours looks like it fits perfect, but depending on how old you are now you might want to consider sizing up. I hope this helps!

swiss-miss

Apr 6, 2017
Hi, I was having the same dilemma as you this weekend. My wrist is 14.5cm so I would technically be a size 16. The Beverly Hills sales associate told me the size 16 was perfect, but I felt that there wasn't too much room if my wrist swelled or grew as I age. It fit the same as your 17. I asked to try on the 17 and when she put it on she literally told me, "I would not feel comfortable selling this size to you." I left feeling really confused.

I then went to another location and the sales associate (who had been working at Cartier for 15+ years) told me that she has seen so many people grow out of their bracelets, and recommended me to get the 17. I ended up getting the 17 and now that I have it on, I has peace of mind knowing that it will fit for years to come no matter what.

Right now yours looks like it fits perfect, but depending on how old you are now you might want to consider sizing up. I hope this helps!
totally agree esp. in hot weather! I am also 14.5 cm and went for the 17! 16 was good but too snug when my wrists were swelling and during pregnancies! I also prefer the look of the loose fit!