Sizing a moto leather jacket

grnbri

O.G.
Jul 27, 2013
Technically speaking, a "vegan leather" jacket.....
Found this great looking jacket which consists of denim patch bodice/vegan leather sleeves and trim from Free People and managed to get my hands on close to the last 2 in the company. The smaller size fits "like a glove" and looks amaaaazing thrown on over a tank or little dress but is poor for significant winter layering. One size up is still fitted and overall looks good and allows for winter layering but just doesn't look quite as chic on (in my opinion).
Opinions on purchasing pleather? If it were real leather, I would go with the smaller size (as real leather stretched) but I have never purchased pleather/vegan leather before....
This probably calls for modeling pics which I will try to supply later.
Here is the pic on the model (It looks better in person, not quite as boho)

Attachments

• x354.jpg
    x354.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 326
Technically speaking, a "vegan leather" jacket.....
Found this great looking jacket which consists of denim patch bodice/vegan leather sleeves and trim from Free People and managed to get my hands on close to the last 2 in the company. The smaller size fits "like a glove" and looks amaaaazing thrown on over a tank or little dress but is poor for significant winter layering. One size up is still fitted and overall looks good and allows for winter layering but just doesn't look quite as chic on (in my opinion).
Opinions on purchasing pleather? If it were real leather, I would go with the smaller size (as real leather stretched) but I have never purchased pleather/vegan leather before....
This probably calls for modeling pics which I will try to supply later.
Here is the pic on the model (It looks better in person, not quite as boho)

I don't know anything about pleather, but I would go for the "amaaaazing" look. The sleeves may not be that warm anyway, and you could layer another coat on top of it.

If you are in a very cold climate, maybe you would get more use out of the bigger one. I rarely wear heavy coats because it does not get really cold here that often, and when it does, I don't spend a lot of time outside. I'd rather look cute inside on those days. :P

I don't know anything about pleather, but I would go for the "amaaaazing" look. The sleeves may not be that warm anyway, and you could layer another coat on top of it.

If you are in a very cold climate, maybe you would get more use out of the bigger one. I rarely wear heavy coats because it does not get really cold here that often, and when it does, I don't spend a lot of time outside. I'd rather look cute inside on those days. :P
This.
I'm sure the "amaaaazing" jacket will get more wear from you than the just "good"-looking one. So value for money will be much better. And for colder weather you'll surely have other outerwear options.

Thanks for the input!!! Actually just took some quick pics of myself with the 2 and I think the size larger is actually a tiny bit more flattering because of its slightly longer length- even though the smaller felt so "right on" with regards to sizing while wearing my summer top. I did think that in person the size smaller looked better in the chest (sigh - will never be called "curvy") because of less fabric but this wasn't obvious in the photos. Also funny how it was easier to pick the better looking jacket via photo than by mirror reflection. Somehow pics make things more objective!

Thanks for the input!!! Actually just took some quick pics of myself with the 2 and I think the size larger is actually a tiny bit more flattering because of its slightly longer length- even though the smaller felt so "right on" with regards to sizing while wearing my summer top. I did think that in person the size smaller looked better in the chest (sigh - will never be called "curvy") because of less fabric but this wasn't obvious in the photos. Also funny how it was easier to pick the better looking jacket via photo than by mirror reflection. Somehow pics make things more objective!

You should model it for a person IRL too. Sometimes pics are misleading. Also sleep on it. You'll have a fresher perspective in the morning.

I tried on a muuba jacket that was at least 2 sizes too small because I ordered the uk size instead of the us size. I could get in on and zip it. Then I looked in a mirror and it looked like I had a child's jacket on!

Ask a person IRL and model it with the outfit you would wear most with it. An SA's opinion would be ok, just model both sizes.

I'm jumping on this thread because I'm new to the Purse Forum and I need advice quickly (and apparently, as a newbie I can't start my own thread):

I'm deciding between 2 sizes for a moto leather jacket: the medium is more fitted, though it closes fine) while the large is a little loose. And I can't help think the medium will stretch a bit. (But the lining won't stretch, will it?)

Anyway, this is me in the large: http://instagram.com/p/slvIUqsqwa/.

I have to return it by tomorrow if I keep the medium, so please let me know today if you think it's too big!

I'm jumping on this thread because I'm new to the Purse Forum and I need advice quickly (and apparently, as a newbie I can't start my own thread):

I'm deciding between 2 sizes for a moto leather jacket: the medium is more fitted, though it closes fine) while the large is a little loose. And I can't help think the medium will stretch a bit. (But the lining won't stretch, will it?)

Anyway, this is me in the large: http://instagram.com/p/slvIUqsqwa/.

I have to return it by tomorrow if I keep the medium, so please let me know today if you think it's too big!
Between the two a medium for sure. Seriously though, these things aren't suppose to look like men's jackets on you but kind of sexy. WAS THERE A SMALL you can try on, just curious?

@susieserb

Thanks for the prompt response!

Small was too small: I have broad shoulders for someone 5'1''. The medium fits nicely on the shoulders, and the large hangs off a bit, but, it occurred to me: this jacket won't come off inside. It'll be part of the outfit. So, it's really a kind of sweater-substitute.

I'm going to wear the medium for a bit at home tonight and see how it is in the morning. If it's comfortable, then I'll keep it and return the large. :smile:

Moto jackets should fit snugly in my opinion. I had trouble with mine bc of the pleather/denim mix - but I buy all of my other leather jackets quite fitted and leather does stretch out over time. Hope you enjoy your purchase!