Sizes for Burberry shoes?

I'm normally a US 9. I have a pair of pink candy check mules that are a 40. They have about a 3" heel. I also ordered a pair of closed toe mules with a 2.5" heel in a 40, and they fit. I ended up returning them because I didn't like them.

So I'd say size up :yes:

I'd size up. I have a pair of the sandals (rope wedge/leather upper) that I got over the summer...I'm normally a 7 or 7.5 and had to size up to the 9 so my heel didn't hang over. :Push:

Ok, I really do not know what to do. I love these Burberry Studded Patent sandles, the ones that wrap around your foot. Have silver studs on them. Now I do not know if their are 2 styles of these one from last season and one from next season as on Net-a-porter they are showing the same shoe but the studs are different, a bit confused. I have seen the older style in mags., and they even have a couple pair on ebay.
I hit the phones yesterday and was told these shoes do not come in 1/2 sizes, which I find funny, I take as a rule a 39 but go up half a size with Choos and Louboutins so think I should go up to a 39.5. but they are telling me they do not make 1/2 sizes yet they are showing 1/2 sizes on ebay most strange.
Could someone tell me is their 2 styles to this shoe. Thanks

I have leather ballet flats from Burberry. I usually wear a 6.5 and I have narrow feet. The 6.5 Burberry flat fit me perfectly. but ...I have tried their novacheck ballet flats and the 6.5 was a little tight in the front, whereas, the 7 was a little too long for my foot. So I think sizing for Burberry all depends on the shoe.

Thanks everyone for your help, I found the shoes at Selfridges in a 39.5, so ordered them, they was on sale which is great so saved £180 nearly $400. Might come by post today