Size question

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I asked this over in the Ode to the Trim Clubhouse, but didn't get an answer so I figured I'd try here. I'm realizing that I don't have a dedicated shoulder bag -- by that I mean, a true shoulder bag as opposed to a cross-body bag like the Evelyne or a top handle bag with a shoulder strap like the Kelly or Bolide. The models I'm considering -- Trim 31, Massai Cut PM, and Marwari PM, are no longer produced, so I can't try them on in the boutique. The most likely bag for me is the Trim, because it's so classic and sleek, so I'm wondering: how does the size/capacity of the Trim 31 (the one with the gusset) compare to an Evelyne PM or a Kelly 32? I have both of the latter bags so I know those work, but can't tell if the Trim will hold a similar amount of stuff.

If anyone has a Massai Cut and/or Marwari PM, I'd love to hear about those as well -- I think I'm headed toward a Trim, but you never know! Thanks so much!

I think Arabesques has/had all the bags that you referenced above. Hopefully she will pop in and give her opinion. Sorry I can't be of more help but I love the trim, though the ones I've seen are very skinny so I always hesitate to buy one.

I am lucky enough to get a pre-loved Trim 31 with gusset recently and I am enjoying it very much. Comparing it to my Kelly 32 in Epsom, it holds more.

It sits on your shoulder comfortably, even better than the canvas strap of an Evelyn.

Hope you will be able to find one too.

Sorry I didn't answer your specific question. I don't think it hold as much as E or K32 because it's very thin in depth. And also the top zip drops in the middle so you can't put too much in otherwise it won't close. I have a K28 and I think it's just same maybe Massai even slightly less. HTH.

I also think its capacity is on par with a similar size trim as trim is also very thin in terms of depth. If you are tall, you can consider a Massai cut 40. My friend has it and it looks great on her.