Size is a relative thing

1. Funny thing today as I was packing for my holiday I 'unearthed' (that's how often I have used her lately) my MJ Sophia and actually thought to myself how much much smaller she seemed to me now than when I bought her years ago. My bag purchases since then have, on the whole, gotten larger in size. My definition of big seemed to have changed radically over the years, I recently even posted about struggling with my MJstam! Incidentally somewhat the opposite happened when I visited my boarding school years later it looked teeny so different from when I looked at it first when I was a young girl. Anyone else noticed this kind of progression? It just struck me suddenly that's all....:amuse:

2. My definition of big seems to change with where I go. The purses I bring to school certainly have gotten bigger... and looking back on the purses I used to bring to school I wonder how I managed to bring everything I needed class to class.

My going out/everyday purses have gotten slightly smaller. I used to think I needed everything and the kitchen sink in my bag when I went anywhere, so I carried totes often. Now that I've narrowed down the list of things I bring with me, my going out purses have gotten smaller.

3. Well yeah. Back in high school I wasnt really into purses and girls mostly had small shoulder bags that weren't much bigger than an inch wide and so I always thought that was as much room as necessary. Now I cant have anything smaller than my COACH satchel or else I'll get frustrated about having to compromise for space.

4. My bags have gotten bigger and bigger as I have aged. I remember carrying the small clutches when I would go out, but now that I am old and married, I NEED all my stuff with me. I need a minimum of 12 inches across and 7 high. I like depth too. At least 3 inches.

5. My bags also have gotten bigger and bigger. And like my mother, I have gotten more obsessed with "compartments"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice