Size for Double Flap

Mar 9, 2011
I am 5’10” and was wanting a flap for going out to dinner, weddings etc. not an every day. Would you suggest the medium? Or the large or jumbo? I thought the medium for sure but now wondering if too small when I got it today.... but my purpose is for going out. Just was curious what you all think!

Most will disagree with me but I love the jumbo for every day and going out. It’s the perfect size to me. Some will say it’s too heavy...I don’t think so. My only complaint about the jumbo is the strap is too long for me to wear it cross body but you’re tall so maybe it will work for you. The medium/ large is a decent size for going out but to me only fits the essential items. It can definitely not be worn cross body unless you are very tiny...downsize to this bag.

Most will disagree with me but I love the jumbo for every day and going out. It’s the perfect size to me. Some will say it’s too heavy...I don’t think so. My only complaint about the jumbo is the strap is too long for me to wear it cross body but you’re tall so maybe it will work for you. The medium/ large is a decent size for going out but to me only fits the essential items. It can definitely not be worn cross body unless you are very tiny...downsize to this bag.

Agree! I love my medium, but the jumbo is a better all rounder. Especially for things like weddings (personally I always get too hungry waiting for the dinner so keep a cereal bar to snack on in my bag:giggle:).

• Haha
Reactions: Venessa84
I am 5’7, and quite slim. As much as I love the medium as it fits my essentials, I can never use the bag with double straps as they are too short to be a shoulder bag for me, and I think the bag looks best with double strap on the shoulder. So, I got the Jumbo instead, even though it may be a little heavy on my shoulders at times because I got the caviar.

I’m 5’2”. As much as I love the M/L, it holds only my essentials - not enough for certain occasions. A jumbo holds more and still looks elegant for weddings and dinners. I mean, who is going to look at your Chanel and complain about it? Lol.

Reactions: heidiandchloe
I’m 5’2”. As much as I love the M/L, it holds only my essentials - not enough for certain occasions. A jumbo holds more and still looks elegant for weddings and dinners. I mean, who is going to look at your Chanel and complain about it? Lol.
Had to laugh at your closing line! No indeed, I don't see anyone complaining about the size of one's Chanel bag!

I have both. The medium is best for what you want. I could wear a jumbo to dinners if they are date nights or the more casual get together type, but prefer the medium. I would only wear the medium for dressier dinners. I would not take either to a wedding. Wedding is clutch or minaudière only imo. I love the jumbo, it’s a great every day bag. I especially love how it fits a phone in the back pocket. Super easy for shopping if you pay with your phone. Another reason I reserve the medium for nights out and social gatherings, don’t want to be grabbing your phone when conversing with others!

Reactions: Cinderelladress