Site slowness

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Sorry, I don't want to be a wet blanket...especially since you worked so hard on the upgrade....but the site has been extremly slow for me since the server change. I kept thinking it is because of the files still transfering...but it is still slow today. It is taking a long time to load and only loads about 70 % of the time, other 30% are errors...

Thought you shoud know.

If you look at the bottom, it should show the time it takes to generate the page. Can you tell me how many seconds it takes for you?

Ok, it says it took .55426 seconds with 10 queries, but it actually took about 8-10 seconds to load, that's weird..and it took me 4 tries to get here.

I, of couse, cleared my cookies and cache and restarted when it was happening to just check, but that didn't help...and all the other sites I have been visiting are loading fine.

I don't know, if it's only me, that's strange...but I gotta think it's happening to others too...IDK

Ok, it says it took .55426 seconds with 10 queries, but it actually took about 8-10 seconds to load, that's weird..and it took me 4 tries to get here.

I, of couse, cleared my cookies and cache and restarted when it was happening to just check, but that didn't help...and all the other sites I have been visiting are loading fine.

I don't know, if it's only me, that's strange...but I gotta think it's happening to others too...IDK
If that is the case, there must be a delay/latency from your Internet Service Provider.

I get it, too, twinkle. It's once in a while, a couple times a day. What happens in my situation is I will click on a thread, and it will load only about 40-70% of the way sometimes then it just stops, then I have to highlight the url again to get it started again. I hope that makes sense. It isn't as bad as before the upgrade, so that's good. I use a macintosh and comcast.

I get this same thing occasionally as well...it goes fine until 70% and then just stops or goes really slow. This happened before the server upgrade as well.

It doesn't happen on other websites.

I'm running Mac Leopard and my ISP is AT&T Yahoo DSL.

We have an ad issue right now that is being resolved. This may have to do with slowness today. If the site does not load for you, keep refreshing until it does (and the bad ad is then not being used)

Well, I am glad I am not alone, then...I thought what the heck, why just me...so strange it was rarely slow before, but now it's rarely not.

I am on AT&T which is a proxy server, I don't know if that could have anything to do with it.

I would complain to them, but like twiggers said, all other sites are fine....hopefully it's the ad issue and once that gets fixed it will go away...fingers crossed.

I have to remember to copy my posts before I hit post in case it times out. :wacko:

The ad issue is resolved now.

Tink, I honestly have no idea what is going on at all. Neither does Vlad. I wish I could help out!! Hopefully it will just resolve itself. I think most people are *not* having the problem, but I am sad to hear some are!!

Hmmm...now I am getting longer wait times shown at the bottom: